Corsair Honored My Out-of-Warranty RMA

Had to give credit where it's due - a little over a year ago, I had submitted a request for RMA with Corsair for my H100i AIO. It still functions perfectly well, but the rubber bands around the tubing was starting to deteriorate. They were pretty quick to respond with how to go about the process, but after PCS-ing cross country (and more importantly I couldn't remember where I bought the cooler from) it fell off my radar until the past week or two. By some miracle, Best Buy actually had a record of my purchase.

Well awesome, I can finally get back to the RMA process! Unfortunately, the receipt is from 28 December... of 2014. Despite being out of warranty for nearly a year, Corsair agreed to honor the expired warranty, and will be sending a refurbished unit out once my old one arrives. I don't do a lot of gaming anymore, but this is the kind of customer service I haven't seen since BFG Tech (pour one out for those guys) and I'm feeling compelled to rebuild my now 6-year old system using Corsair components.

Thanks for humoring me while I shill out for a company who did a cool thing when I wouldn't have expected them to.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Great to hear you were able to get taken care of in the end. I'm passing this along to our support team as they were the ones who made a positive difference for you and deserve the credit.  Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

20 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Great to hear you were able to get taken care of in the end. I'm passing this along to our support team as they were the ones who made a positive difference for you and deserve the credit.  Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Hey Nick,

I definitely appreciate you passing it on. I also think it worth mentioning that I only had to have an email conversation with one person at a time. This absolutely contributed to how succinct and effective the customer support was.

Pedro F for the initial support, and Ching H from the escalation team who approved the RMA. They both deserve some major kudos

I'm still waiting for corsair to grant me an RMA, worst experience I've had from a company in a while. Its been over a week, having to jump through all sorts of hoops then take 2-4 days for them to reply back, oh no we need you to jump through more hoops.

All the while my pc is down because I need a pump.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:08 PM, Randy R said:

I'm still waiting for corsair to grant me an RMA, worst experience I've had from a company in a while. Its been over a week, having to jump through all sorts of hoops then take 2-4 days for them to reply back, oh no we need you to jump through more hoops.

All the while my pc is down because I need a pump.

@Randy R can you PM me your ticket number, and I'll escalate it within the Technical Support team? 

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

Corsair along with HyperX are the companies that I'll always return to. Kinda hard to pick between the two, so good customer support with both.

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

I've only had positive experiences with Corsair customer support. They clearly prioritize it.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

11 hours ago, Randy R said:

I ended up calling support, the person finished up the RMA process, and I got it sent via UPS. 

Thank you for the update.  If anything else comes up, feel free to let me know.