Edited : Nvidia RTX 3080 launch faked

AMDPRO
7 minutes ago, Jet_ski said:

I hate these people. $50,000 for a FREAKIN $700 GPU?!!!!!

1786802646_ScreenShot2020-09-17at11_08_10.thumb.png.3800e432c8f791e35ce148cb6a31502f.png

there is no freaking way that is going to legit sell for that.

3 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

So is this what the Medellin cartel is doing now?  Those prices are so high one would think they had to smuggle them across the border.   Those prices are so high they are like the prices in side GTA V online or something.  Who in their right mind would pay the cost of buying a DGX station to game on for a GPU? 

Just now, menacekop said:

i heard people are bidding them up with but not planning to pay as a way to screw over the scalpers.

Which is pretty stupid and a good way to get sued. A bid is a legal contract

5 hours ago, AMDPRO said:

Update: Just dropped at 10:11 am est on nvidias site.

I'm going to start this off by saying that it has only been around an hour since the product showed out of stock on NVIDIA website. The issue with it showing out of stock, is that NVIDIA never actually loaded the product for sale, they just changes the button. Linked below is the endpoint data, and if you look, you don't see 3080 anywhere (https://api.digitalriver.com/v1/shoppers/me/products?format=json&apiKey=9485fa7b159e42edb08a83bde0d83dia&pageNumber=2&sort=listPrice-desc) . It is also no where in back end. The image I linked below is of automation software for Nvidias site, which also didn't detect a new product loaded since 3am est last night. Nvidia could've never released it without loading it onto there site, so they clearly never had stock to begin with. Im trying to put together what happened so please let me know if you guys know anything else. 

c4e25f29e59613af93b9940375f8c767.png

N I was thinking , I miss the boat 😆😆😆😆

6 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

1786802646_ScreenShot2020-09-17at11_08_10.thumb.png.3800e432c8f791e35ce148cb6a31502f.png

They do this to combat scalpers. They being your allies. Let me explain:

Step 1: get a VPN and a HWID spoofer

Step 2: create a bogus eBay account

Step 3: outbid literally everyone

Step 4: withdraw your bid after you win the auction, forcing the scalper/scammer to relist

Step 5: get your account banned

Step 6: aw shit, here we go again

They're literally out here doing gods work

7 hours ago, jaslion said:

They claimed 2x 2080 performance which it also does not do

Did you watch the LTT vid? They found it to be 2x as fast in MC and Vray. They also said up to, so......

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Did you watch the LTT vid? They found it to be 2x as fast in MC and Vray. They also said up to, so......

I did. Still they leaned far to hard into the up to 2x angle and I've seen a lot of people dissapointed about it but then again this is the usual.

This video from an ordinary joe from minnesotta.  He claims that his local Best Buy had no cards in stock... as in they never got any cards in store at all.   The manager didn't even know what they were waiting for. 

MicroCenter had 12 cards.  If all of a major city only has a few dozen or even a few hundred cards that is absurd.  NVIDIA shouldn't even bother with releasing these cards until they have enough between FE and AIB to satisfy a significant fraction of the demand.  12- 24 cards in all of the twin cities with 3.28 million people.  if 1% of them are PC gamers 32,800.  If 10% of them would want a new GPU 3280.    

They should have at least 10% of that number physically on store shelves 328 in a city that size. 

Less than that number is really for all practical purposes a totally fake release.  AT best it is a massive Beta test that people are paying to take part in. 

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

So the usual paperlaunch happened? Why is anyone surprised again?

Maybe we're not surprised maybe we're just wondering how this is even legal 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

i got two lol. already sold one for $1400. prob gonna sell the other too. seems overhyped to me.

17 hours ago, AMDPRO said:

UPDATE: JUST DROPPED MY BAD

Web dev here, so let me ask for clarification. Your scraper saw the card in stock, but wasn't fast enough to finalize a purchase? Does this mean that the only chance to get this card was a several seconds window through a bot?

6 hours ago, dabmasterswag said:

i got two lol. already sold one for $1400. prob gonna sell the other too. seems overhyped to me.

Cap. All cap.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

So they wanted to be ahead of AMD and consoles but were in no way prepared for it.

What else is new? This stuff happens every time

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Maybe we're not surprised maybe we're just wondering how this is even legal 

In Belgium there are laws against this. If you are advertising a product for launch you need to have enough of them in stock otherwise you are creating a artificial market rift and can be held accountable for false advertising.

The funny thing is this all came about in the very early 2000's with Aldi selling Medion computers. Those things were insanely good value for the money and people lined up a couple hours before the stores went open to get them. The only problem is that Aldi only buys little amounts of any promotional product to make sure it all sells and there were usually only 2-3 systems available for 20+ people wanting one. This led to so many angry reports this law was passed.

Which leads to nvidia. No site that is selling them is promoting them at all. They are on the site but not promoted to avoid triggering the law. So it is pretty obvious that there is a shortage from launch.

19 hours ago, menacekop said:

there is no freaking way that is going to legit sell for that.

The other problem with that is that it's artificially rising prices,also for related products (like 20xx series)

Now I understand why for example GTX 1070 go for 600-800 bucks in my country... (always suspected this but after this *paper launch*it became pretty clear)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, andy_3_913 said:

According to this guy, apparently it's not a legal contract. But it would do your ebay account umpteen amounts of no good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE9n_llJOVQ&t=489s

Which is why making fake accounts, and using a bot is so useful. It does nothing to you, and hurts the scalpers.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms