Asus prime x570 pro or asus b550 strix

I would go the x570, if you want the black and red looks you could go with the b550 they have fairly similar I/O I'm pretty sure 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

the x570 prime pro (assuming you're talking about that) uses 12 sic639 iirc, same as the strix b550-f, both are quite solid over all as well. 

what are they priced at though? what are you powering? budget? and are you limited to these? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

the x570 prime pro (assuming you're talking about that) uses 12 sic639 iirc, same as the strix b550-f. 

what are they priced at though? what are you powering? budget? and are you limited to these? 

They are both 320 usd in my country. 99% if its gonna support ryzen 4 i am  buying one. And probably upgrading to one of these new cards from nividia or the up coming Amd cards. You can say i am limited to these. But for now i have ryzen 3600 and 1080

9 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I would go the x570, if you want the black and red looks you could go with the b550 they have fairly similar I/O I'm pretty sure 

So it's all about i/o and color? 

1 hour ago, Anas Dweik said:

. You can say i am limited to these.

If you are limited to these two, they're both pretty good, the x570 prime pro also comes with front type c header, but vrm wise they're both the same iirc. 

you could go with either one in all honesty as they're both solid. 

if you're not limited to both of these, you can check out the b550 a pro or the aorus pro or the tomahawk or the x570 tuf or the x570 tomahawk and those are also pretty good. 

Both x570 and b550 can support zen 3 with a bios update, zen 4 will be on a new chipset though. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

So it's all about i/o and color? 

No but they are kinda equal in most ways if they are the same price the x570 is a clear choice depending what the price is

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

13 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you are limited to these two, they're both pretty good, the x570 prime pro also comes with front type c header, but vrm wise they're both the same iirc. 

you could go with either one in all honesty as they're both solid. 

if you're not limited to both of these, you can check out the b550 a pro or the aorus pro or the tomahawk or the x570 tuf or the x570 tomahawk and those are also pretty good. 

Both x570 and b550 can support zen 3 with a bios update, zen 4 will be on a new chipset though. 

so x570 and b550 not gonna support the new ryzen cpus ?

not gonna support the new ryzen cpus ?

they will suppoer zen 3 (ryzen 4000 excluding apu's as those are zen 2), zen 4 cpu's (ryzen 5000)  are going to be on a new chipset. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

they will suppoer zen 3 (ryzen 4000 excluding apu's as those are zen 2), zen 4 cpu's (ryzen 5000)  are going to be on a new chipset. 

oh , my bad . 

so i take the better looking mobo ? or the x570 ?

2 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

so x570 and b550 not gonna support the new ryzen cpus ?

They will support the ones releasing now Ryzen 4000 (zen 3) not the ones next year Ryzen 5000 (zen 4)

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

They will support the ones releasing now Ryzen 4000 (zen 3) not the ones next year Ryzen 5000 (zen 4)

yeah i just noticed xD . my bad 

Just now, Anas Dweik said:

oh , my bad . 

I would get the x570

Reminder⚠️

as i said, they're both quite solid, the x570 board comes with the x570 chipset (not that gen 4 across the whole board matters for a casual user) and has a type c header, but the b550 strix f is also quite good. 

Build Log: 

Is it the B550-F or B550-E ? as there are a few differences.