Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

help with Wifi Roaming bug in archer c6

Does your phone use Randomised MAC while connecting ? Turn it off for your home network, and set it to use device mac . This feature is most probably available in both One plus 7 Pro and Redmi K20 Pro.

(Also Make sure that all IPTV and VLAN related features are off - ( I assume it to be off, or anyways roaming won't work ) )

If nothing works out , (only advisable if you have less than 100mbps speed internet connection and don't do much local data transfers ) 

Try the other way, make the iball router your main router, and archer as slave.  Set the same PPPOE connection username and password.  DHCP of Iball router to on, and of Archer to off. You will need to call your ISP in that case to reset MAC on their system.  Atleast I needed to do so, they have a 3 layer security of Modem Mac, Router MAC and PPOE username & password combination. 

2 hours ago, Aditya Dighe said:

Does your phone use Randomised MAC while connecting ? Turn it off for your home network, and set it to use device mac . This feature is most probably available in both One plus 7 Pro and Redmi K20 Pro.

been there done that.. tried that when i also tried that MAC- IP static ip binding. doesn't work.

2 hours ago, Aditya Dighe said:

Try the other way, make the iball router your main router, and archer as slave.  Set the same PPPOE connection username and password.  DHCP of Iball router to on, and of Archer to off. You will need to call your ISP in that case to reset MAC on their system.  Atleast I needed to do so, they have a 3 layer security of Modem Mac, Router MAC and PPOE username & password combination. 

i really want the archer to be the main router,upstairs. in fact i got it solely because i wanted gigabit LAN, for sharing media which i use frequently.  

And i don't think my ISP have MAC binding to their system. Because of which I'm having a different issue, enough to start a new thread on its own. 

Can i DM you bro.. maybe you can help me better understand that issue?

36 minutes ago, abhijithas said:

been there done that.. tried that when i also tried that MAC- IP static ip binding. doesn't work.

i really want the archer to be the main router,upstairs. in fact i got it solely because i wanted gigabit LAN, for sharing media which i use frequently. 

Oh, then have to conclude it to be a C6 issue. Those warranty guys won't help...  So then maybe a new firmware, or flashing a OpenWRT ( but there's always a slight risk in that ) and then flashing back an old firmware of tp-link.  

Just a question, does that static ip binding doesn't work at all ? Or just the roaming problem doesn't solve with static IP ?

And That's totally reasonable to use Archer-C6 as main for high speed transfer rather than reverting the setup.

For trial basis, as a last confirmation that the error is with the C6 router you can try switching whenever you are free. If the error doesn't occur that time, that confirms it was a fault with C6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I once did have a problem with digisol router acting as a secondary router,

and it was the first time I was cascading routers, and whatever I did,

the Digisol Router always had internet connectivity on LAN, and never on WLAN.

Now I use a different Secondary Router. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

51 minutes ago, abhijithas said:

And i don't think my ISP have MAC binding to their system. Because of which I'm having a different issue, enough to start a new thread on its own. 

Can i DM you bro.. maybe you can help me better understand that issue?

Yes you can DM me, no problem.

22 minutes ago, Aditya Dighe said:

Just a question, does that static ip binding doesn't work at all ? Or just the roaming problem doesn't solve with static IP ?

it didn't solve the problem.

22 minutes ago, Aditya Dighe said:

And That's totally reasonable to use Archer-C6 as main for high speed transfer rather than reverting the setup.

For trial basis, as a last confirmation that the error is with the C6 router you can try switching whenever you are free. If the error doesn't occur that time, that confirms it was a fault with C6.

it's the c6.. everything was fine before i got the C6 when i was using the iball modem router for pppoe. 

1 hour ago, abhijithas said:

it's the c6.. everything was fine before i got the C6 when i was using the iball modem router for pppoe. 

Oh, then have to conclude it to be a C6 issue.