Filco keyboard repair?

Harry Voyager
Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,
21 minutes ago, Harry Voyager said:

@kelvinhall05 From just a fall to the floor? I could see something coming unseated or a chip coming loose, but the switches being broken? 

Oh shit, I misunderstood "took a dive" as got soaked in some kind of liquid.

Can you open up the board? I bet the USB connector got disconnected from the PCB.

My Filco Majestouch 2 just took a dive, and stopped working. Haven't cracked it open yet to see exactly what broke yet, but does anyone know where one could get them repaired? I cant seen to find the company's website anymore? 

Likely not worth fixing as the switches are probably gonna need replacement and the controller might be toast.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

21 minutes ago, Harry Voyager said:

@kelvinhall05 From just a fall to the floor? I could see something coming unseated or a chip coming loose, but the switches being broken? 

Oh shit, I misunderstood "took a dive" as got soaked in some kind of liquid.

Can you open up the board? I bet the USB connector got disconnected from the PCB.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

@kelvinhall05 After opening it up, it looks like that's sort of what happened. This CCA, that hte UCB cable runs into was apparently either only friction fit in, or, after a number of prior drops had become only friction fit in.

Keyboard2s.jpg.3aed0193f368aa50e01fbb91e5557845.jpg873057857_Keyboard1s.jpg.8d8f0cb027c3f4292382ce157efa98bd.jpg

After pressing it back into the receptacle, it works now. I am now happy. Of all the things on my computer I've been looking at replacing, this was not one of them...

Damn, that's a super interesting PCB design. A daughterboard on headers, that I assume has the controller on it, and the rest of the PCB is just a matrix...very cool.

Glad it's working now!

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈