Geforce RTX 2080 Super "779.99$" and Rtx 3080 "699.99" Why 2080 expensive?

Toxickun

So about 2 weeks ago i bought a Gaming X Trio Rtx 2080 Super graphic card on new-egg because it was listed at 779.99 and after comparing it's core clock/boost clock with higher and lower end card of the rtx series i decide to purchase it.

2-3 weeks later SEEMLY out of nowhere they unveil the rtx 3080 series and announced they were much more powerful than the 2080 and a lot cheaper.
I'm kinda upset. why was the rtx 2080 Super More expensive than the 3080 series?
Should i return it and get the rtx 3080? i have until 3 days left to return it and it goes to show i',m ill-informed about graphic card. LIke does the rtx 3080 have a higher core clock/boost clock than the rtx 2080? Is it actually worth just trading in for an rtx 3080 card than my 2080 i seriously have no idea.. please inform me on the specs of these two cards x-x

The 3080 is a lot more powerful, so yeah I would probably return the 2080 if possible, and assuming you won't be losing any money. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

Reviews are out, so go check them out.

3080 is the most powerful consumer graphics card in the world right now (by a pretty large margin)

I'd return the 2080 and buy the 3080, but keep in mind that the 3080 might be out of stock for a while, so you may end up without a GPU for several weeks.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, Toxickun said:

after comparing it's core clock/boost clock with higher and lower end card of the rtx series i decide to purchase it.

2 minutes ago, Toxickun said:

LIke does the rtx 3080 have a higher core clock/boost clock than the rtx 2080?

Don't compare videocards based on clockspeeds.

Base it on actual peformance in benchmarks.

The 3080 seems to be two times as fast as the 2080 AT BEST. Usually it's more like 1.5-1.7 times its performance.

2 minutes ago, Toxickun said:

2-3 weeks later SEEMLY out of nowhere they unveil the rtx 3080 series and announced they were much more powerful than the 2080 and a lot cheaper.

We've had rumors about a September launch since August, rumors in general for longer.

The past three weeks have been nothing but people on this forum recommending people to wait out the new launches.

4 minutes ago, Toxickun said:

Should i return it and get the rtx 3080? i have until 3 days left to return it and it goes to show i',m ill-informed about graphic card. [...] Is it actually worth just trading in for an rtx 3080 card than my 2080 i seriously have no idea.. please inform me on the specs of these two cards x-x

Watch a review or two and decide if the extra performance is worth it.

If you can return the 2080 Super and can get an RTX 3080, it's definitely worth it.

As an overall view on performance difference:

image.thumb.png.46b362fa643bcb1c615d2c6e8eead089.png

121 vs 171 fps.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, Toxickun said:

why was the rtx 2080 Super More expensive than the 3080 series?

Because it was before the 3080 announcement, so unless you were closely looking at rumors, consumers didn't know something new was coming and were still willing to pay top-dollar for the old stuff.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

You would absolutely want to return that 2080 right now.  It's a card that is already reselling used for only $450.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Who else thinks this was a ploy by NVidia to 'have their cake and eat it too' by enticing gullible consumers to buy twice. 

Along with the long list of other 'questionable' business tactics used by NVidia through the years, I'm sticking to AMD.

I thought core clock was like the raw power that a card could produce; also boost-clock is just how much it can work when over-clocked or something..;
God thank you everyone for informing me about these things. Like i've been stressing out over this for quite a long time Thank you so ever much! I would love to learn more about graphic cards whenever possible. i like to be informed about these things; God thank you!!

4 minutes ago, Toxickun said:

I thought core clock was like the raw power that a card could produce; also boost-clock is just how much it can work when over-clocked or something..;

It is, but only within a single line of products (so within two RTX 3080 cards or within two 2080 Super cards, you can compare clock for clock).

When you start comparing boostclock alone within multiple cards, generations or even manufacturers you run into trouble. Clockspeed is just one variable of the performance calculation.

It would be kind of like comparing two cars based on the amount of gas you can put in a tank and the amount of cylinders it has. Definitely part of the calculation, but not the full story.

7 minutes ago, Toxickun said:

I would love to learn more about graphic cards whenever possible. i like to be informed about these things;

The most important thing is to look at videocards from the perspective of your workflow. That means benchmarks are usually the most valuable type of material to use when comparing videocards; because you'll realistically see how one videocard stacks up to another, in different aspects of its perfomance.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Oof. Have you opened it and used it? If so you might have a hard time returning it. It's used.

It wasn't really out of nowhere. We've been talking about it on the forum for months. Always important to do your research, which should have lead you to a site or news article about upcoming releases.

The 2080 Super is more expensive, because even now, you cannot buy a 3080. So, if you were building a PC today, couldn't for whatever reason wait, then the 2080 Super is one of the more powerful cards that you can currently buy. They also likely have pretty low stock of the remaining 2000 series cards, so they'll keep the price high and just hope that someone uninformed buys it; much like you've demonstrated.

As others have said, the 3080 beats the 2080 Super by a wide margin. If you can, definitely trade up. Though, you'd have to go cardless for a while, so depending on the rest of your build you may lose use of your system. Cards won't be easy to get on launch, and I'm not sure if retailers are even carrying Founders models. You'd have to wait for AIB cards to launch. 

25 minutes ago, steelo said:

Who else thinks this was a ploy by NVidia to 'have their cake and eat it too' by enticing gullible consumers to buy twice. 

Along with the long list of other 'questionable' business tactics used by NVidia through the years, I'm sticking to AMD.

Uhhh...why? Because they're still selling their old cards? You think AMD is going to pull all their remaining stock from shelves?
That's a really asinine way to look at sales tactics. Not only that, it would be a retailer problem, not Nvidia's.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

14 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Oof. Have you opened it and used it? If so you might have a hard time returning it. It's used.

It wasn't really out of nowhere. We've been talking about it on the forum for months. Always important to do your research, which should have lead you to a site or news article about upcoming releases.

The 2080 Super is more expensive, because even now, you cannot buy a 3080. So, if you were building a PC today, couldn't for whatever reason wait, then the 2080 Super is one of the more powerful cards that you can currently buy. They also likely have pretty low stock of the remaining 2000 series cards, so they'll keep the price high and just hope that someone uninformed buys it; much like you've demonstrated.

As others have said, the 3080 beats the 2080 Super by a wide margin. If you can, definitely trade up. Though, you'd have to go cardless for a while, so depending on the rest of your build you may lose use of your system. Cards won't be easy to get on launch, and I'm not sure if retailers are even carrying Founders models. You'd have to wait for AIB cards to launch. 

Uhhh...why? Because they're still selling their old cards? You think AMD is going to pull all their remaining stock from shelves?
That's a really asinine way to look at sales tactics. Not only that, it would be a retailer problem, not Nvidia's.

"Double the performance per watt"

Not quite.

Remember when they put slower DDR4 RAM in their 1030 cards while selling them at the same price (these GPU's still today were an absurdly bad value from day one) The 1050ti, which also was way overpriced was a joke when you could get a better performing RX 570 for cheaper...it's shady tactics like these that make me lose faith in their products. They have been caught red-handed several times before attempting to exploit less informed buyers. Anyways, I'm not trying to turn this into an AMD versus NVidia debate, neither one is completely clean...unfortunately, consumers really only have 2 options at the moment when it comes to GPU's.

1 hour ago, steelo said:

"Double the performance per watt"

Not quite.

Remember when they put slower DDR4 RAM in their 1030 cards while selling them at the same price (these GPU's are still today absurdly bad when you look at price to cost ratio)...it's shady tactics like these that make me lose faith in their products. They have been caught red-handed several times before attempting to exploit less informed buyers. 

IIRC AMD did the same thing with one of there lower level 500 series cards. AMD constantly pushes out rebrands as "new" products. AMD lied about their "8" core processors. No company is perfect, they've all got missteps in their past.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Alright! Welp from the looks of it. might as well do it now than sooner. at least i still kept my old 660 card lol.

Also recently a friend was telling me that my cpu would bottleneck any new graphic card? what's up with that i thought the graphic card has it's own cpu thing in it. why would my cpu matter in gaming? cuz i have a intel (R) core(TM)  i7-4770 CPU 3.40 GHz

Your CPU will bottleneck the GPU hugely. If you're not going to build a whole new PC, I would overclock the CPU. But even then it will still bottleneck the GPU. It would bottleneck an RTX 2080, too.

For reference, my i7 2600k CPU overclocked is faster than your i7 4770, and it still bottlenecks my GTX 1070.

If you decide to overclock your CPU, you'll have to do some research to learn how to do it safely. Don't give the CPU too much voltage.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Wow really?!?!
but... why? what?
Wouldn't the GPU process everything?
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i wonder how bad..;
Fuh

You're a bit in luck, as far as that goes, because there's a new RTX 3080 review looking at how much an i7 4770K CPU bottlenecks an RTX 3080.

However, there are some caveats here. The 4770K is a bit more capable than your 4770, and they've also overclocked the 4770K. So, it's going to be performing potentially significantly (but not massively) more than your 4770 can. Also, if your CPU isn't the K version then you'd be very limited in what overclocking you can do with it and possibly shouldn't bother trying to OC it.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ampere-cpu-scaling-benchmarks

1786983684_TH4770KOC1.png.aed27cb7d7b9f3e676ea6ac80726d361.png

861672150_TH4770KOC2.png.0495c9044f34051249d29e081473a336.png

The bottleneck with an overclocked 4770K at 1080p is massive, while at 1440p it's still significant, but not as bad.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

3 hours ago, minibois said:

As an overall view on performance difference:

image.thumb.png.46b362fa643bcb1c615d2c6e8eead089.png

121 vs 171 fps.

you know this chart is amazing... given i got a 1060 6gb right now, think im going to go with a 3080 now for the 1440p... the sheer fps increase is just gonna be insane..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

10 minutes ago, DesolationGod said:

you know this chart is amazing... given i got a 1060 6gb right now, think im going to go with a 3080 now for the 1440p... the sheer fps increase is just gonna be insane..

me, still getting 100-144 fps with my 980ti at 1440p: hmmm

i play a lot of older games lol. just cause 3 and titanfall 2 recently, and lots of league/dota. wanna play rtx games though so i gotta figure what'll be best for rtx at 1440p

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

For rtx 1440p the rtx 3080 seems ideal, but you may want to wait to see high res performance of the 3070.

3 hours ago, Toxickun said:

So about 2 weeks ago i bought a Gaming X Trio Rtx 2080 Super graphic card on new-egg because it was listed at 779.99 and after comparing it's core clock/boost clock with higher and lower end card of the rtx series i decide to purchase it.

I'm kinda upset. why was the rtx 2080 Super More expensive than the 3080 series?
Should i return it and get the rtx 3080? i have until 3 days left to return it and it goes to show i',m ill-informed about graphic card. LIke does the rtx 3080 have a higher core clock/boost clock than the rtx 2080? Is it actually worth just trading in for an rtx 3080 card than my 2080 i seriously have no idea.. please inform me on the specs of these two cards x-x

I did the same exact thing but around 2 weeks prior to you. I had no idea the 30 series was coming out right now. I returned it to Walmart, lol with all of 2 days left out of the 30 days I had to return it. With tax it was little over 1k for a 2080 Super Founders edition. Returning it was a no brainer. The 3080 is a lot better AND I'll be saving money, assuming I can get one at launch anyways. Newegg like Wally World gives you 30 days to return. Did you buy it directly from them or from one of their third party sellers? Some third party sellers like to add things like restocking fees. I'd look into returning it if you can if I was you.

To answer your question as to why the 20 series is so expensive, it's because things are worth what people are willing to pay. That's basic economics 101. You have to keep in mind that the prices you see right now at launch for the 30 series is just that. At launch. The current stock is going to sell out practically instantly and the prices are going to rise. Some have theorized that Nvidia is specifically limiting stock to drive up prices. I have no idea if that's true or not. It wouldn't surprise me and doing so is pretty much a no brainer business wise. But all I know is expect prices of the 30 series to rise regardless. That's why I'm going to try my hardest to get one tomorrow. When the wiser but more expensive course is to wait until all AIB cards are out with all their relevant info like bench marking and overclocking results. Personally I'd rather save money than get the best 3080 I can because no matter what I get it'll be a lot better than the 2080.

And BTW it wasn't seemingly out of nowhere. People like you and I simply didn't do our homework.

the Restocking fee hurts.. how would one do homework effectively i wonder;..
But yeh i'd be looking to getting the rtx 2080 series since it's around $700 or so. but i assume that's just the base card that nivida's putting out.

And i'm sitting here wondering about how much the cost would be from venders like Msi,evga,gigabyte etc that would be utilizing this new GPU chip-set.
Kinda concerned if their price will be over $800...; or something.

44 minutes ago, Toxickun said:

the Restocking fee hurts.. how would one do homework effectively i wonder;..
But yeh i'd be looking to getting the rtx 2080 series since it's around $700 or so. but i assume that's just the base card that nivida's putting out.

And i'm sitting here wondering about how much the cost would be from venders like Msi,evga,gigabyte etc that would be utilizing this new GPU chip-set.
Kinda concerned if their price will be over $800...; or something.

"how would one do homework effectively i wonder" The techy types like Jay2cents on youtube has been telling people to wait to buy for months before the 30 series was remotely announced. Don't know who else but I imagine he wasn't the only one.

The third party seller I bought it from at Walmart could charge up to 15% as a restocking fee. That would have been almost 150 bucks. I got around it by lying without really lying. More of a lie of omission that an outright one. lol Story time. See what happened was I was just going to simply upgrade my old PC. So I got a 2060 Founders Edition at Bestbuy. That ended up turning into a screw it, it's time to see if I can build my own PC. So I do that and wasn't very happy with the performance of the 2060 and returned that for the 2080 instead. Now the whole reason I bought the 2080 Founders Edition at Wally World instead of something like a 2080TI, was because I thought it was going to have an actual physical DVI-DL connection like the 2060 FE had. I thought that's just how Nvidia was making their founders editions and was one of the only ones left still using DVI. DVI-DL is the only connection on my cheap 27 inch ISP Korean Shimian monitor I got back in 2013. That was a great monitor and would have been an Apple Cinema display and retailed for 1200 bucks. I got it because it had all of one dead pixel out the like bazzilion pixels it had. And Apple at the time required flawless panels when they binned for their Cinema displays. So I got it for only 250 bucks. But they cheap out on all the features when the Koreans started selling those around the world. Like half the buttons weren't connected to anything and all it comes with connection wise is old school DVI-DL. But still it was a great monitor for that time. I guess most Koreans have great monitors they get really cheap like that because that's where so many panels are made. So anyways, the 2080 arrives aaaaaaaand all it comes with is HDMI and displayports and a DVI to Displayport adapter. Those stupid cheap dongle adapters like you can find at Amazon for like 10-20 bucks only send half a DVI signal. For it to work with that Shimian I needed an actual USB powered adapter and those sell for literally 145 bucks. lol Was sooo pissed. Spent all that money for a new PC, did tons of research on all the parts and how to build a PC. Just to get a black screen staring at me. So I said screw it, time for a new monitor anyways. I had the 2080 installed for 3 weeks. Then I hear about the 30 series and I'm feeling ticked like you were. Looked up how long it had been and I still had 3 days left. Shot the seller a message asking about the restocking fee and explaining how ticked I was about the incorrect listing at wally world. lol I didn't mention that I also got a new monitor. So I was honest and dishonest. Feel kinda bad but really they should have made the connector types known correctly. I mean look at the listing. It clearly states

"Standard Display Connectors
DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-DL"

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2080-SUPER-Founders-Edition-8GB-GDDR6-1815-MHz-3072-Cores-Ray-Tracing-DirectX-12-DP-HDMI-DVI-DL-VR-Ready/648125359

And it doesn't show any pictures of the connectors. So luckily the seller worked with me and I was able to get a full refund.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp.. it's been returned and got my refund. but now it's been weeks and i'm still on the hunt for the rtx 3080 card x-x;
I wonder if the rtx 3090 are any different.
And what's this about capacitors blowing up?