Be Quiet Straight Power 11 makes clicky noise

Durb

My PSU makes a clock noise everytime I shut down my system? Is this Normal? It’s a 750 fully modular Straight Power 11 psu. 

Can't play the file ATM but if it's just a single click after you shut down then it's likely just the noise of a relay switching. Normal.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

It's the NTC bypass relay. The NTC thermistor is there to protect the PSU from the initial inrush currents during startup. Afterward, a relay may be used to switch on and bypass the thermistor which allows it to cool down and improved efficiency (mostly this). This click is just the relay engaging and disengaging.

To confirm that your PSU has this relay, here's a review on your PSU: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-straight-power-11-650w-platinum-power-supply-review

Under the Component Analysis section and next to Inrush Protection: "NTC Thermistor (SCK-056) & Relay"

Okay awesome I thought my pc blew up when I heard that sound lol. 

• 2 years later...

so this is normal? i bought today Straight Power 650W Gold from a friend for 56 USD with 4 year still warranty, i tripple check all cables in PSU and on motherboard and boy i aws freaking when i heard that CLICK od Start up and on shutdown oc PC, eveyrtime i hear this click CPU diode on motherboard flash to red for fragment of second, so this is normal? this no be quiet att all 😞 i heard corsair and Seasonic PSU has this shit this is why i bought BQ to be quiet, boy one big wrong decision, now i dontk know is there any PSU on the market whos dont do that - my 10 old BQ PSU is still silent and no clicking but is 10 y old so i had to swap;(

2 minutes ago, miss5tability said:

so this is normal?

Yes, any modern PSU does. One more than another. Like said above it's the NTC bypass relay.

28 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Yes, any modern PSU does. One more than another. Like said above it's the NTC bypass relay.

thx brother, i was shure Bq is free form this but U r saying every modern PSU doeas CLIK on ON and OFF ? 😞 there go my real silence, i even recodrd this on video, any time PC is going ON or OFF is CLICK and red CPU led on motherboard is lit