Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

quality Chair?

Guest

my desk chair broke today. im looking at spending 400-500 canadian max. im 6'2" and weight 350lbs i spend 10-16 hours a day in the chair. i want something comfortable, no rgb etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read something similar the other day I would not ask the internet on chairs rather go to a store and test chairs since you are spending 10-16 hours you will need to test it for yourselves (my opinion btw)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can personally vouch for the Noble Chairs Hero.


£350-ish, but so dang worth it. I spend 13+ hrs a day in this chair for work or gaming and my ass and back have never felt better.

 

I upgraded from a cheap 'gaming chair' on Amazon for approx £100 and its like going from 60fps to 144 fps. Night and day.

SETUP:

  • Ryzen 9 3900XT @ stock (water)
  • 2x8GB Corsair Vengence PRO 3600mhz CL18
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +700 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite
  • O-11 Dynamic, 2* 360mm rads, Corsair pump/res and CPU block, EK Vector GPU block, 9 Noctua fans.

 

Personal Bests:

  • Cinebench15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench20: 4136  4243 7125 (Nov 2020)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 (Sep 2020)
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kanna said:

I read something similar the other day I would not ask the internet on chairs rather go to a store and test chairs since you are spending 10-16 hours you will need to test it for yourselves (my opinion btw)

the issue with going to a store everything in my area are cheap horrible chairs that are meant to support normal sized people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

the issue with going to a store everything in my area are cheap horrible chairs that are meant to support normal sized people.

Find better stores then.  What area are you in, we'll find the stores for you.

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Find better stores then.  What area are you in, we'll find the stores for you.

toronto canada. i was thinking about buying a automonous ergo chair 2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Only a 2 year warranty. Seems like trash. 

Jay two cents gives it a ok review but I weight more than him by alot

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

https://cougargaming.com/products/chairs/armor_titan/

 

This one is on the higher range of your budget (500 canadian dollars) and it's limit is up to 372lbs and it's also big in the seat (for big guys), could have another version with suede instead leather, i baught 3 a bit smaller but i sat in the Titan one too ..... they're pretty much wanted chears. Hope i helped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a maingear forma gt at home, and it's super meh. It's comfy-ish but after about 6 months, the base squeaks and is slightly wobbly. 
 

I have a Steelcase amia at the office and absolutely LOVE it, with the exception of no headrest. For long term comfort though it kills the maingear.  For reference, I'm 6'2, 270ish lbs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would highly suggest getting a Herman Miller, if you can. *very* expensive but they last much longer than the gaming chairs. I’m 6’4” and I have the big Vertagear gaming chair. It’s been 2 years and the thing looks ragged. Herman Miller can be bought used after 10 years of use and still have plenty of life left. 

That's an F in the profile pic

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Froody129 said:

I would highly suggest getting a Herman Miller, if you can. *very* expensive but they last much longer than the gaming chairs. I’m 6’4” and I have the big Vertagear gaming chair. It’s been 2 years and the thing looks ragged. Herman Miller can be bought used after 10 years of use and still have plenty of life left. 

The highest weight rating for the Herman Miller is 350 and I’m 350 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

The highest weight rating for the Herman Miller is 350 and I’m 350 

Imo the Herman Miller is still going to hold it better than the el cheapo gaming chairs. Or just lose some weight 😛 

That's an F in the profile pic

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Imo the Herman Miller is still going to hold it better than the el cheapo gaming chairs. Or just lose some weight 😛 

unfortunally i have medical conditions restricting me from losing weight, if anything im trying very hard to not gain anymore weight. yea i dont want a cheapo gaming chair. im willing to spend high dollars for a quality chair

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, truckerlenny1990 said:

unfortunally i have medical conditions restricting me from losing weight, if anything im trying very hard to not gain anymore weight. yea i dont want a cheapo gaming chair. im willing to spend high dollars for a quality chair

Fair enough then. I’d try and sit in one if you can find a store near you. I only weigh 80kg and my Vertagear (marketed for big people) is not looking good at all. I would assume that when Herman Miller say 350 is good they mean it. Loads of offices sell them used, though a size C may be harder to find. 

That's an F in the profile pic

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

Fair enough then. I’d try and sit in one if you can find a store near you. I only weigh 80kg and my Vertagear (marketed for big people) is not looking good at all. I would assume that when Herman Miller say 350 is good they mean it. Loads of offices sell them used, though a size C may be harder to find. 

i wouldnt buy used just because... but a c would be hard to find used. im willing to go but a new one and spend 2k no problem. i just want to know if any other 300+lbs guys have experienced them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×