When will the amd 4000 CPUs be available like normal laptops?

Go to solution Solved by RobFRaschke,
34 minutes ago, Abhinavp said:

I am a student going to college in 2 months. I wanted to get a good ultrabook with a 4500u or 4700u as budget is 55k rupees or 700 usd. But here in india only intel and old 3000 ryzen laptops are available. Is there any time when the 4000 skew will be available here? Only 2 to 3 laptops with these cpus are available here at a huge pricetag 900usd. Also what about the new 11th gen cpus from intel... When will these laptops arrive? Any clue?

They are on shelves in North America and Europe. From what I've seen of delay times to india, you're looking atleast a quarter for availability, often more like 6 months on technology. If you need a system now, get a 3500 based system and you'll be fine. Just got one myself for $300USD on sale and it has all the hallmarks of a cheap laptop, but it runs great. Would a 4000 series be faster? Absolutely. But if you need it now and it's not on the shelf, you have little option. If you can wait 2-3 months minimum, by my best guess, then do so.

Side note, "Ultrabook" was an intel project, and about 80% of laptops that come out anymore meet Intel's original ultrabook criteria these days.

I am a student going to college in 2 months. I wanted to get a good ultrabook with a 4500u or 4700u as budget is 55k rupees or 700 usd. But here in india only intel and old 3000 ryzen laptops are available. Is there any time when the 4000 skew will be available here? Only 2 to 3 laptops with these cpus are available here at a huge pricetag 900usd. Also what about the new 11th gen cpus from intel... When will these laptops arrive? Any clue?

34 minutes ago, Abhinavp said:

They are on shelves in North America and Europe. From what I've seen of delay times to india, you're looking atleast a quarter for availability, often more like 6 months on technology. If you need a system now, get a 3500 based system and you'll be fine. Just got one myself for $300USD on sale and it has all the hallmarks of a cheap laptop, but it runs great. Would a 4000 series be faster? Absolutely. But if you need it now and it's not on the shelf, you have little option. If you can wait 2-3 months minimum, by my best guess, then do so.

Side note, "Ultrabook" was an intel project, and about 80% of laptops that come out anymore meet Intel's original ultrabook criteria these days.

1 hour ago, RobFRaschke said:

Side note, "Ultrabook" was an intel project, and about 80% of laptops that come out anymore meet Intel's original ultrabook criteria these days

I think i am gonna wait. Thanks for the info!