One of my two monitors is flickering.

JazzzOnYourDace
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
2 minutes ago, JazzzOnYourDace said:

So...I swapped cables and it was fine for the same 3 seconds then began to flicker. I swapped cables back and it flickered and is now... fine. I have no idea what happened haha

mmm sounds like your monitor hardware is failing

start saving for a new one perhaps

Hi all,

I have a 2 monitor set up. Absolutely nothing fancy what so ever. One of the monitors is a Dell S2309W which I have had for years. The other is a BENQ GL2460 which I have also had for years... just less than the Dell haha. This morning when I turned my pc on for some reason only the Benq monitor is flickering. When I turn it off and on it is fine but after 3 seconds it begins to flicker slowly at first until it becomes very fast. I've checked cable connections etc. If anyone could offer any help I'd be very grateful! 

Edit: My graphics card is a GTX 960. And there is nothing different about the setup etc from the previous night when everything was working fine (no additional interference)

Thanks

it could be that it's dying

try using another input like HDMI or something else than the one that is used

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Spudwell06 said:

have you changed any parts?

What hardware are you running?

I updated my motherboard and cpu with a fresh windows install maybe a month ago and had no issues. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: MSI B450 Mortar

6 minutes ago, JazzzOnYourDace said:

Hi all,

I have a 2 monitor set up. Absolutely nothing fancy what so ever. One of the monitors is a Dell S2309W which I have had for years. The other is a BENQ GL2460 which I have also had for years... just less than the Dell haha. This morning when I turned my pc on for some reason only the Benq monitor is flickering. When I turn it off and on it is fine but after 3 seconds it begins to flicker slowly at first until it becomes very fast. I've checked cable connections etc. If anyone could offer any help I'd be very grateful! 

Edit: My graphics card is a GTX 960. And there is nothing different about the setup etc from the previous night when everything was working fine (no additional interference)

Thanks

Flickering as in losing signal for a moment and regaining can have many reasons: bad cable, bad connector, dying port on the GPU, dying port on the monitor, driver incompatibilities, unsupported mode, etc. Potentially even different cable runs parallel to the video cable might be a reason. Flickering as in backlight flickering or actually turning on/off/on is potentially a hardware fault of the monitor.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

it could be that it's dying

try using another input like HDMI or something else than the one that is used

So...I swapped cables and it was fine for the same 3 seconds then began to flicker. I swapped cables back and it flickered and is now... fine. I have no idea what happened haha

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

If thats the case, any recommendations for around £150 ~ $200? 

If thats the case, any recommendations for around £150 ~ $200? 

im not too familiar with recent monitors to give a recommendation

perhaps you can make a new post in Display's subforum to ask for recommendations

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

im not too familiar with recent monitors to give a recommendation

perhaps you can make a new post in Display's subforum to ask for recommendations

okay will do. Thank you for your help!