Why is my pc so slow?

Xolin

Hello, 

Two days ago I sold my PC to someone and everything was fine. I was running OCCT / CINEBENCH / SUPERPOSITION benchmarks and everything looks fine.

Today there are some problems.
The PC is very slow, installing Chrome takes a long time, opening files is slow. Windows 10 takes almost 5 min to start up. 

What should I do? Is there a solution?

8DDBB458-0D1A-4E46-A3C2-FF6AA69F0B00.png

Your CPU is at 0.25Ghz for whatever reason, it should never be this low, usually 0.8Ghz is the lowest at idle but any kind of load would push it way beyond 0.8Ghz, I would suggest to reset the BIOS and check your CPU temperatures.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Taking into account what Syn. said above, the first thing I would look at would be the BIOS.  Maybe a reset by removing the battery for a few minutes might be what is needed.  Never know until you try.  There's a lot of stuff in the BIOS and accidently changing the wrong number somewhere in there has caused the machine to hiccup.  Resetting the BIOS would be my first move before I dug any deeper.

The older I get, the more wisdom I find in the ancient rule of taking first things first -- a process which often reduces the most complex human problems to manageable proportions.   Dwight D. Eisenhower

As well as above mentioned methods, check whether the CPU min/ max power settings in Power Plan have not both been set to same low value, min 5% and max 100% is probably normal.

Wire got stuck in CPU fan, wasn't spinning. The CPU temperature was about 100-105C. 

Now it seems that everything is fine. 

Thank you!