Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

worse scenario with TT Riser cable?

Because my life is so boring,today I decided to install and try the cable below (pic) with my Asus Strix 1660 Ti OC,Crosshair HERO VIII and TT View 91 TG RGB who already has vertical monting bracket for GPU.

Because I always overthink and think about possible worse scenario that could happen,what could really happen if I install it correctly?I suppose,if the cable is bad,system will work or either it won't.

I'm particulary worried if the cable can short out either card or PCIE slot,but then again cable is new,as you can see,so it's just my anxiety.

Then I went on amazon reviews and one guy wrote that he didn't have luck with this cable and X570 board,simply didn't work,and some people wrote about sudden BSOD etc...

At lest that cold be easily solved and revert to normal horizotnal mount.

So guys if I can not short out any component I'd really like to try this today,becase case has bracket and why not use it.

20200913_063508.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

The riser would be fine to use, like you mentioned its not the end of the world to revert back to a horizontal mount if it does not work. I mean worst case scenario with anything is that it would blow your system up but its very unlikely.

Quote or at me @Smit Devrukhkar for me to see your replies.

Laptop :

Legion y520

i5 7300hq

1050 4gb oc

16gb ram

256 gb ssd

2tb hdd

Server:

Xeon E3 1245

16gb ram

256 gb ssd

2*2tb hdd

I would expect it to work fine with pcie3.0, but might not work with pcie 4.0

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

Worst case scenario would probably be frying the card and motherboard, but that is very unlikely to happen. If you were to have a problem, it would probably be it not working at all like you mentioned. The review left with the X570 board was probably using PCIE 4.0, which as far as I know you can't use riser cables with. 

15 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Worst case scenario would probably be frying the card and motherboard, but that is very unlikely to happen. If you were to have a problem, it would probably be it not working at all like you mentioned. The review left with the X570 board was probably using PCIE 4.0, which as far as I know you can't use riser cables with. 

U sure I can't use riser cable with pcie 4.0?

Wouldn't it revert ti pcie 3.0?

If riser won't work no point of me doing all this work then.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

25 minutes ago, frozensun said:

U sure I can't use riser cable with pcie 4.0?

Wouldn't it revert ti pcie 3.0?

If riser won't work no point of me doing all this work then.

Sorry should have worded it better, what I meant was you wouldn’t be able to take advantage of PCIE 4, you would still be able to use PCIE 3. That being said, the last time I looked for a riser was pretty soon after the PCIE 4 launch so there weren’t any risers, looks like there are some now so what I said about PCIE 4 not working might not be true anymore.

* thread locked *

You have posted about this 6 times since July. Please use one of your previous threads.

Reposting like this is considered spamming and/or post count framing.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in