Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hipity hoppity, Is that Music your Property? Ban on music on Facebook Live.

what's crazy about the whole thing (besides the fact that something like fb is actually a thing) is that they didn't give any reasons...?

how is that acceptable to the fb "audience"?

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

There's certainly plenty of alternatives.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.1Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

The latest info on this is that Facebook has clarified the requirements and it seems that musical performances will still be allowed (with possible restrictions) but they are mainly trying to cut out DJ streams and such. Also, this rule seems to have been in place since 2018 but the new confusing wording was more recent. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/facebook-ban-livestreamed-music/

Interesting. So despite the excellent 10/10 title, this is kinda sorta "fake news" even if it may come originally from fb... 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Interesting. So despite the excellent 10/10 title, this is kinda sorta "fake news" even if it may come originally from fb... 

“Even if it originally came from fb”?!  I personally find references from Facebook to be more suspect rather than less.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm not going to be popular with my opinion but this is the right move. 

With the "platform not service" argument being a major part of social media in general it makes sense to reduce potential ad revenue risks where companies will not want to be involved with or completely unable (by company policy) to be related to potentially illegal activity. If the music isn't yours, or the content isn't yours, you can't use it for profit. 

I'm not saying zero profit streams should be removed wholesale but things like twitch music bans only help the people who should be valued by the company. Instead of streamers who are more suited to adult streaming sites dancing around for tips. 

Current Config:

Spoiler

R5 2600X @4.1ghz all core, 16GB Patriot 3200mhz, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro nvme, RTX 2070 Duke, CM Elite 110 mitx, pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors with 10in sub, BenQ TH671ST projector for 150" screen. 

MSI Prestige 14 with too many cooling mods to list out (it's quiet now)

Glad I don't use Facebook. Yet sadly I really want a Quest 2 and if I decide to get one I unfortunately will have to make a Facebook account.

Accepting creative names for my throw away Facebook account.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X Stock

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

RAM: 16GB 3000MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Smart BX1 - RGB Disabled

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: DeepCool Castle 360EX

23 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Glad I don't use Facebook. Yet sadly I really want a Quest 2 and if I decide to get one I unfortunately will have to make a Facebook account.

Quest 2 can’t possibly be good enough to make it worth signing up for facebook

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

25 minutes ago, sof006 said:

I_caved_for_quest?

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)! (oops)

53 minutes ago, sof006 said:

How about Joseph Stalin? \s

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I’ve had serious problems with throw away names.  Anyone who vaguely feels like it can permanban you by dropping a dime to facebook

9 hours ago, sof006 said:

I wouldn't do that, Facebook is currently trying to get rid of as many fake accounts as they can. If they find yours they will delete it and there goes all of the money you spent on games. 

have a good day : )

21 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

How about Joseph Stalin? \s

Haha that could work... My first name is Joseph lol

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X Stock

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

RAM: 16GB 3000MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Smart BX1 - RGB Disabled

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black