Hipity hoppity, Is that Music your Property? Ban on music on Facebook Live.

Helpful Tech Witch
3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

At least, if you find your way around the lock on the Youtube app that prevents you from playing while the screen is locked.

I just did it works but I don't have any control options as long the screen is off, unlike the guy in the tutorial video... I guess my Samsung is just trash - or is there a way to get the controls showing up (android 10 seems generally way more locked down than kitkat was, my previous android version 👿)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

At least, if you find your way around the lock on the Youtube app that prevents you from playing while the screen is locked.

please say you mean on iphone. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Works on iphone too (according to my sources)  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

14 hours ago, soldier_ph said:

Stop using Facebook

I think the main reason people/groups use fb is because unlike other social media you can create a group which makes it a lot easier to share things between a whole group because members can post stuff (if you allow) and that sort of thing.

But that is not to say I like it myself as yes there things I do not like about fb. 

16 minutes ago, j.son19 said:

I think the main reason people/groups use fb is because unlike other social media you can create a group which makes it a lot easier to share things between a whole group because members can post stuff (if you allow) and that sort of thing.

But that is not to say I like it myself as yes there things I do not like about fb. 

I take "what is discord for 500" 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

I take "what is discord for 500" 

Ok fair point I did not exclude Discord I just didn't think of it. 

9 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Because... it's $10/month. Money that not everyone has.

Yeah but there's a free Version.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

7 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

Yeah but there's a free Version.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

3 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

please say you mean on iphone. 

No idea about iphone. I just know that on android I have to use a thing to be able to play videos when the phone is locked. If I don't, the video stops playing the moment you lock the phone. Youtube demands that you pay them for this luxury.

Not sure if talking about how to get around that violates the forum rules.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

No idea about iphone. I just know that on android I have to use a thing to be able to play videos when the phone is locked. If I don't, the video stops playing the moment you lock the phone. Youtube demands that you pay them for this luxury.

Not sure if talking about how to get around that violates the forum rules.

There isn't a need for 3rd party apps tho ?Except a browser, even chrome works. For some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20200913_195713.thumb.jpg.918a31501937b1f6fc22d22e42ec66a7.jpg

Edit: ok on Samsung you need to enable always on display then you get controls while the screen is"off"

IMG_20200913_235746.thumb.jpg.f2e2274e827169be830a8dcea9990675.jpg

PS: I wish it would be as simple for saved videos, I haven't found a solution yet, except VLC "play as audio" which is very clunky...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Thanks for posting this, and great title. Now I’ve got a check if my church is still streaming/uploading on Facebook, and let them know that they need to stop. 

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Summary

Facebook as announced that they will have a zero-tolerance policy on live music, starting October first. This means no church services, bands, or other music groups can stream using Facebook. 

Quotes

My thoughts

OK, I get it, but this is stupid. This is most likely caused by the article 13 crap. With this happening, what it YouTube going to do? Will the shareable content world change as me know it?

Sources

https://www.facebook.com/legal/music_guidelines

https://www.ministryofsound.com/posts/articles/2020/september/facebook-to-ban-live-streamed-music-events/#:~:text=live stream party.-,From 1st October%2C users will no longer be permitted to,their page or group deleted.

Churches are supposed to have a license to stream music. Is facebook not gonna honor that?

On 9/12/2020 at 7:33 PM, TempestCatto said:

This actually really screws just about every-other Church I've ever done sound, projection, and lighting for. They all use multiple platforms, and Facebook is one of them. For the most part, Facebook has been one of the most viewed platforms because of it being mostly elderly/middle aged people who still have and use FB - so it's just easier for them. YouTube and another third party platform (that I forget the name of) are the other two mostly used streaming services by these particular churches. Makes me think there has to be some kind of exception for religious groups. I mean, there's gotta be a law in some country that forces their hand, right?

I was thinking about the church angle too.  An exception for religious groups on one level sounds unlikely as real religious groups often have a lot of experience dealing with music licensing.  For one it’s too easy to declare oneself a religious group and end run it in the US at least.  Other side of that is religious groups in the US have a LOT of political power because they can and do control the voting habits of their parishioners. 

Sounds like a we shall see what we shall see thing.  It’s a point though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Rip, this is gonna kill alot of pages i follow in norway during these covid times.. They used to stream live on facebook, guess it wont be possible anymore.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

inb4 a big artist lives streams them singing or something and nothing happens...

8 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Rip, this is gonna kill alot of pages i follow in norway during these covid times.. They used to stream live on facebook, guess it wont be possible anymore.

Yeah, my dad is a professional saxophone player, but he cant play online anymore.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Yeah, my dad is a professional saxophone player, but he cant play online anymore.

I mean no offense but there are a million streaming services what's exactly stopping him?

Don't say he only likes fb or something please ._.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I mean no offense but there are a million streaming services what's exactly stopping him?

Don't say he only likes fb or something please ._.

People spend a lot more time on fb than yt. Also, he doesn't have a way to stream from a pc, so yt is out of the question. I believe twitch has similar rules to what fb has now.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

People spend a lot more time on fb than yt. Also, he doesn't have a way to stream from a pc, so yt is out of the question. I believe twitch has similar rules to what fb has now.

Periscope? (Twitter's competitor to FB Live)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

Periscope? (Twitter's competitor to FB Live)

Hi dint know if he has a Twitter acc lol. Il have to check.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

you can stream from your phone to yt though?

And ok that is essentially "he only likes fb"...

https://bandzoogle.com/blog/the-complete-guide-to-live-streaming-for-musicians

so scratch fb then there's a multitude of other options... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

you can stream from your phone to yt though?

Because YouTube is a horrible monopolistic entity that doesn't care about smaller creators, that feature requires 1k subscribers. A musician just starting out on the platform will take a long time to reach that many.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Because YouTube is a horrible monopolistic entity that doesn't care about smaller creators, that feature requires 1k subscribers. A musician just starting out on the platform will take a long time to reach that many.

huh, that doesn't make sense... wouldn't put it past yt though...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

what's crazy about the whole thing (besides the fact that something like fb is actually a thing) is that they didn't give any reasons...?

how is that acceptable to the fb "audience"?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity