Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I sell my 2080 or wait

I have an MSI rtx 2080 gaming x trio. And i want to get the 3080 but im not sure when to sell my current card should i do it right now for the best price i can get or wait for benchmarks and lose 50-100$. I want to get the FE 3080 because of the new cooling. and if i sell my 2080 i have to use a 1050ti

Link to post
Share on other sites

its lost a lot of value simply due to the announcement, if benchmarks turn out to show that ampere sucks then youll have wanted to keep it, if ampere actually turns out to be as good as advertised then itll lose more value. ya like gambling? :P

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

 

 

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

its lost a lot of value simply due to the announcement, if benchmarks turn out to show that ampere sucks then youll have wanted to keep it, if ampere actually turns out to be as good as advertised then itll lose more value. ya like gambling? :P

Lol 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd wait for the inevitable "why can't I find any of these new cards" "damn miners" backlash that will pop up a few weeks after launch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rune said:

I'd wait for the inevitable "why can't I find any of these new cards" "damn miners" backlash that will pop up a few weeks after launch.

Yeah I’m trying to get day one

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rune said:

I'd wait for the inevitable "why can't I find any of these new cards" "damn miners" backlash that will pop up a few weeks after launch.

i would not be surprised in the slightest if supply issues in the next few months causes prices to go higher than pre-announcement lol

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

 

 

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

i would not be surprised in the slightest if supply issues in the next few months causes prices to go higher than pre-announcement lol

Yeah I see that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adjusting for 24 months and selling the 1080ti the 2080 cost me less than $10/mo over its lifetime and that came out of profits from mining.  Its not going to be the end of the world getting even 350 although it will probably go for 400-450.  I wouldn't sell now because what if you don't get it for a month or two? 

AMD 5900X / Gigabyte X570 Auros Pro / 64GB @ 3600c16 / 1TB Samsung 980 Pro 4.0x4 / 4TB total Inland TLC 3.0x4 / EVGA FTW3 3080 / Corsair RM750x /Thermaltake View71

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ewitte said:

Adjusting for 24 months and selling the 1080ti the 2080 cost me less than $10/mo over its lifetime and that came out of profits from mining.  Its not going to be the end of the world getting even 350 although it will probably go for 400-450.  I wouldn't sell now because what if you don't get it for a month or two? 

Yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedibrysen said:

I have an MSI rtx 2080 gaming x trio. And i want to get the 3080 but im not sure when to sell my current card should i do it right now for the best price i can get or wait for benchmarks and lose 50-100$. I want to get the FE 3080 because of the new cooling. and if i sell my 2080 i have to use a 1050ti

i'd keep fishing for offers, there's no way it's faster than a 3070 at this point, by that logic the 2080 is worth like 400 new, if you get 400dollars for ur 2080, thats a good deal for u, 300, ur call. at a certain point, just keep it as a backup or use it on a media pc lol.

9900k 1.39v 5.2avx 5.0 ring 96C 205w 1.01v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5575 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 15-15-15-33-320-24 ddr4100  bdie 1.5v 45C 1.25sa/1.21io  ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 325w 69C stock voltage (bad ocer) ll  8x nf12/14 fans 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 1080p 60hzll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98 fan is dying)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3866 cl16 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it. Build a second system ready for 2080 for folding and wait for navi2 launch. Then make your decision...

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DonGuano said:

Keep it. Build a second system ready for 2080 for folding and wait for navi2 launch. Then make your decision...

im never going amd

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, xg32 said:

i'd keep fishing for offers, there's no way it's faster than a 3070 at this point, by that logic the 2080 is worth like 400 new, if you get 400dollars for ur 2080, thats a good deal for u, 300, ur call. at a certain point, just keep it as a backup or use it on a media pc lol.

i would keep the card but my father cant pay me for working right now because of legal issues. he owes me a couple hundred

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jedibrysen said:

So keep my 2080 and wait a couple months 

i would insta sell for 400 if u can find a buyer locally, i've seen 2080 ti ftw3 for 525usd.

9900k 1.39v 5.2avx 5.0 ring 96C 205w 1.01v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5575 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 15-15-15-33-320-24 ddr4100  bdie 1.5v 45C 1.25sa/1.21io  ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 325w 69C stock voltage (bad ocer) ll  8x nf12/14 fans 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 1080p 60hzll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98 fan is dying)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3866 cl16 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xg32 said:

i would insta sell for 400 if u can find a buyer locally, i've seen 2080 ti ftw3 for 525usd.

I dont exactly live in the city :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedibrysen said:

Yeah I’m trying to get day one

I am getting my 3080 day one as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, xg32 said:

i would insta sell for 400 if u can find a buyer locally, i've seen 2080 ti ftw3 for 525usd.

im probably gonna wait

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedibrysen said:

im never going amd

So if RDNA2 ends up releasing a card with double the performance of the 3090 at $500, you're still not even going to consider them? That's how Nvidia gets to the point of being able to price everything so insanely expensive. (like the RTX 2000 series)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CR

Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

So if RDNA2 ends up releasing a card with double the performance of the 3090 at $500, you're still not even going to consider them? That's how Nvidia gets to the point of being able to price everything so insanely expensive. (like the RTX 2000 series)

the thing is they wont leaked performance shows $600 for a card in between 3070 and 3080 smh

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedibrysen said:

the thing is they wont leaked performance shows $600 for a card in between 3070 and 3080 smh

So leaks are never wrong?

 

Seriously, you really refuse to even consider that AMD could do better than Nvidia at anything?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CR

Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jedibrysen said:

I have an MSI rtx 2080 gaming x trio. And i want to get the 3080 but im not sure when to sell my current card should i do it right now for the best price i can get or wait for benchmarks and lose 50-100$. I want to get the FE 3080 because of the new cooling. and if i sell my 2080 i have to use a 1050ti

I have a1080ti gaming x trio and I'm not upgrading nor selling it any time soon...I will wait for MSI gaming x trio rtx 3080 super next year haha

 

I don't want no stock Nvidia card I much rather have a fancy quiet overclocking friendly card.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jedibrysen said:

im never going amd

dude, biking is great. give it a shot. my advice is hold onto it, buy your desired gpu, then once you have the gpu secured and in your home, sell your 2080

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

dude, biking is great. give it a shot. my advice is hold onto it, buy your desired gpu, then once you have the gpu secured and in your home, sell your 2080

Alright

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

So leaks are never wrong?

 

Seriously, you really refuse to even consider that AMD could do better than Nvidia at anything?

I mean the leakers are usually very close. Trust me it isnt going to be double. And plus I like Nvidia inspector. Amd doesn’t have anything like that. I also like Nvidia control panel a lot better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×