Would you consider Linus and Luke (Slick) to have a kinda internet celebrity status?

Geekazoid

As the title asks. No need to repeat the question. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

In the youtube tech world, sure. Outside of that I wouldn't imagine many people know of them.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yes.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Based on number of fans. Yes. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Wait, who's linus and luke?

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Linus is clearly the bigger man vs Luke.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Kinda.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Outside of the tech news world, the forum,  and r/pcmasterrace I've never heard their names come up.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

If I was in Vancouver and linus or slick appeared I would for sure say hello. I wouldn't go up to them land ask for an autograph like I would to George cloney. 

EDIT: I guess I should proof read.....

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Who's Linus and Luke? Some Hollywood actor or something? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'd say MKBHD is bordering on being a web celeb because he's not only king of the tech circle, but when somone wants to know about a phone, an increasingly large amount of people are going to see his videos to find out about it.

More people like smartphones than like PCs, and he has also made the jump to 4K.

However I don't think the tech circle has any actual web celebs in it, the FreddieWs the FPSRussias and the JennaMarbles of this world are too massive IMO.

I'd say MKBHD is bordering on being a web celeb because he's not only king of the tech circle, but when somone wants to know about a phone, an increasingly large amount of people are going to see his videos to find out about it.

More people like smartphones than like PCs, and he has also made the jump to 4K.

However I don't think the tech circle has any actual web celebs in it, the FreddieWs the FPSRussias and the JennaMarbles of this world are too massive IMO.

I would agree with that, MKBHD is pretty popular.

If I was Vancouver and linus or slick I would for sure say hello. I wouldn't go up to them land ask for an autograph like I would to George cloney.

If I was a city I would have other plans. :P

Wait, who's linus and luke?

If I was Vancouver and linus or slick I would for sure say hello. I wouldn't go up to them land ask for an autograph like I would to George cloney.

If I was a city I would have other plans. :P

Good to know where you guys are coming from. :P

In the tech world, yes, but outside of that, no, not really.

I would actually be really excited to see any of the people I subscribe to on youtube in real life. This includes Linus and "Slick."

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I would actually be really excited to see any of the people I subscribe to on youtube in real life. This includes Linus and "Slick."

Yeah that would be pretty dang awesome, wouldn't it?

BTW, awesome rig you got in your sig :D. Do you just play games or some video editing also?

Yeah that would be pretty dang awesome, wouldn't it?

BTW, awesome rig you got in your sig :D. Do you just play games or some video editing also?

Haha, are you commenting on the 8350 and 6770 combo? I mainly play games and some 3D rendering, but I sold my 7970 during the rise of Litecoin.