Bulk buy LEDS cheap

Spoiled_Kitten

I am going to be making a huge LED wall and i wish to buy tonnes cheap. anyone know where i can buy bulk cheapo, yet good ones. Thanks

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

You would basically call the company you select , whatever it may be , and make a bulk order right from the factory. That's all any vendor would do.

Just now, emosun said:

You would basically call the company you select , whatever it may be , and make a bulk order right from the factory. That's all any vendor would do.

I know, im just wondering if anyone had any recommendations of good companys

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

TME.eu is a distributor for some asian companies, they have some single color leds that are cheap in volume, like 1-3 cents each if you buy a roll of 5000 , or less than 5 cents for a RGB led. 

Other distributors Digikey.com , Farnell.com/Newark.com , Mouser.com , rs-components ... these are "home user" friendly and big distributors of electronic components.

LCSC.com (and other chinese/asian stores like aliexpress/alibaba) may be cheaper in high volume, but you'll have no guarantee you'll get same binning (same color temperature, same cri, minimal batch to batch variation etc), you won't know how they were handled (some leds are sensitive about humidity, it's typically best to buy rolls as they come sealed with stuff to absorb humidity inside.

I'd use lcsc for led driver chips but not for actual leds, if I want to end up with quality display, as with a distributor I know I can order the same bins of leds, while on ebay/aliexpress etc you may get 10k of leds from a manufacturer and 10k from another, and you're out of luck (or difficult at the very least) if you want to return / refund

I am assuming you're probably looking at thousands of 3mm or 5mm through hole LED's. Start brushing up on your inco terms and start talking to manufacturers on Alibaba. You can usually get 10k LEDs for 10 to 45 USD after some negotiations.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

On 9/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, mariushm said:

TME.eu is a distributor for some asian companies, they have some single color leds that are cheap in volume, like 1-3 cents each if you buy a roll of 5000 , or less than 5 cents for a RGB led. 

Other distributors Digikey.com , Farnell.com/Newark.com , Mouser.com , rs-components ... these are "home user" friendly and big distributors of electronic components.

LCSC.com (and other chinese/asian stores like aliexpress/alibaba) may be cheaper in high volume, but you'll have no guarantee you'll get same binning (same color temperature, same cri, minimal batch to batch variation etc), you won't know how they were handled (some leds are sensitive about humidity, it's typically best to buy rolls as they come sealed with stuff to absorb humidity inside.

I'd use lcsc for led driver chips but not for actual leds, if I want to end up with quality display, as with a distributor I know I can order the same bins of leds, while on ebay/aliexpress etc you may get 10k of leds from a manufacturer and 10k from another, and you're out of luck (or difficult at the very least) if you want to return / refund

Thanks! i will look into it!

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

14 hours ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

Thanks! i will look into it!

Or you can also buy stuff from AliExpress, taobao, alibaba, digikey, watterrot, alleletronics, mouser, arrow, avnet..

But before purchasing anything look to the times of elaboration and shippement, because a lot of those take a while to ship

Also a reverse search by using a led name/part number does also help into finding new stores

Anyway if you are planning to make some type of display/paper like sheet of led.. there are also those things:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BT6Yj2

EDIT: whoops I didn't notice that many of those were already suggested, I'm sorry 😅

10 hours ago, Xvaster said:

Or you can also buy stuff from AliExpress, taobao, alibaba, digikey, watterrot, alleletronics, mouser, arrow, avnet..

But before purchasing anything look to the times of elaboration and shippement, because a lot of those take a while to ship

Also a reverse search by using a led name/part number does also help into finding new stores

Anyway if you are planning to make some type of display/paper like sheet of led.. there are also those things:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BT6Yj2

EDIT: whoops I didn't notice that many of those were already suggested, I'm sorry 😅

Nah algd xd, and ill look at it when i can, thanks.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!