Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Desk Setup for my Ultrabook. Ideas.

I am looking for ideas and suggestions of how to go about making a gaming setup with my HP Elitebook 1030 G2. 

I am looking something for some causal gaming with all the classes and some other work. I am thinking of using an eGPU along with a hard drive to beef up the setup, some peripherals and a monitor.

I don't really have a high budget (> $1000), nor do I have any previous experience doing this. I am looking for something dockable, ready to go kinda, and when I go to college next year, I can just carry it over.

3 hours ago, aaaaaaaaaaaavm said:

I am looking for ideas and suggestions of how to go about making a gaming setup with my HP Elitebook 1030 G2. 

I am looking something for some causal gaming with all the classes and some other work. I am thinking of using an eGPU along with a hard drive to beef up the setup, some peripherals and a monitor.

I don't really have a high budget (> $1000), nor do I have any previous experience doing this. I am looking for something dockable, ready to go kinda, and when I go to college next year, I can just carry it over.

Couldn't you just get a desktop? Gaming off an eHDD isn't great, I've only done it with overwatch and that was with an external SSD over TB3/USBC. Games with longer loading times would be abysmal.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

you will get far surperior gaming performance if you spend that 1000 bucks on a desktop, even with an e-GPU your laptops CPU will bottleneck you pretty hard.