Is this a good RAM to buy?

we still don't have many results on Zen3's sweetspot for RAM speeds, most likely it will be around 3600mhz but even then, that ram is bling-tastic and overpriced because of it. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

2 hours ago, AndrewZScorpion said:

That is some very good ram. Just not sure that it is very good value. This is much cheaper and has the same speed and timings.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jxH8TW/gskill-trident-z-rgb-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-32gtzrc

The timing is a bit different. That one is 16-19-19-39. I chose the one that was linked because it was Samsung B-die at least according to B-die finder. I also had this in mind  but it was a $15 difference so I just chose the more fancy looking one.

I'll use my PC for gaming and photo and video editing. 

edit: Or does the timing and B-die not make a significant difference?

8 hours ago, celerystruct said:

Or does the timing and B-die not make a significant difference?

Timings can get you a couple FPS, but not enough to justify paying $85. It would really be a choice of if the bling makes it worth it.

That Ram is expensive, as well as being garish 😬 Sorry not a fan of the Trident Z Royal. It is also terrible value considering you can get 32GB kits for half the price. Obviously if you like it and have the money then you are good to go.

@AndrewZScorpion @lee32uk

So then do timings not matter that much? I'm fine not getting these. I mostly picked these cause they were one of the few on B-die finder that were also 32 GBs on 2 sticks. Also do would prices stay low till around black Friday or is it better to just buy now? Would 3600MHz be good for Zen 3 or should I consider going higher?

25 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

So then do timings not matter that much?

Usually the only timing that matters much is the CAS latency, which is the first one listed.

26 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

Also do would prices stay low till around black Friday or is it better to just buy now? Would 3600MHz be good for Zen 3 or should I consider going higher?

I can't tell the future, so it's hard to say.

2 hours ago, celerystruct said:

So then do timings not matter that much? I'm fine not getting these. I mostly picked these cause they were one of the few on B-die finder that were also 32 GBs on 2 sticks. Also do would prices stay low till around black Friday or is it better to just buy now? Would 3600MHz be good for Zen 3 or should I consider going higher?

It can make a difference but as long as you are not buying a CL20 kit or anything with poor timings then you are fine. The 'B' die kits are usually a lot more expensive and not really worth it unless you get a good deal. 

This 3200MHz CL16 kit for example is $94.99.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TLvbt6/team-t-force-vulcan-z-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tlzgd432g3200hc16cdc01

The cheapest 3600MHz CL16 kit is listed at $138.99, so a $44 difference. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zcH8TW/gskill-ripjaws-v-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-32gvkc

So either of the above would save you over $100. There is no real need to spend over $150 for 32GB.