What Mb's are good for 3070

So, I was thinking I would get a pc with the new 300 series gpus. This is the list i made I went with a white colorscheme with black accents(or something along those lines). 

Just wondering what good motherboards are out there and arent too expensive. The one i thought i would get was the steel b450, However im not sure if i should geta mb with pice gen 4 for the new gpus?  Also, I dont want Micro ATX

4 minutes ago, litttrash said:

So, I was thinking I would get a pc with the new 300 series gpus. This is the list i made I went with a white colorscheme with black accents(or something along those lines). 

Just wondering what good motherboards are out there and arent too expensive. The one i thought i would get was the steel b450, However im not sure if i should geta mb with pice gen 4 for the new gpus?  Also, I dont want Micro ATX

For that price get the MSI B550 Pro VDH WiFi

Whoops, didn't see the no micro ATX part. This is still a much better board unless you need the extra pcie slot.

If you want to spend more on an ATX board, the MSI B550 A Pro is good

Edited by marmour

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

3 minutes ago, litttrash said:

Also, I dont want Micro ATX

Budget  for a board? Gen 3 should be enough bandwidth for a 3080. 

But again budget for a board? Because the steel legend is one overpriced board for irs vrm. 

And budget for the build? And what PSU exactly?

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Budget  for a board? Gen 3 should be enough bandwidth for a 3080. 

But again budget for a board? Because the steel legend is one overpriced board for irs vrm. 

I mostly chose it for looks. Any B450 boards you would recommend?

Just now, litttrash said:

Any B450 boards you would recommend?

Budget for the whole build? B550m pro vdh and the b450 a pro max should be around that budget and are better. 

But again, budget for the build and what PSU?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Budget for the whole build? B550m pro vdh and the b450 a pro max should be around that budget and are better. 

But again, budget for the build and what PSU?

Budget for whole build is around 1200 so like 1250 at most. I had the coolor master 650w psu in there before but i wasnt totally sure if i should've kept it. Then again I would like to keep it below budget instead of pushing it to its limits.

Just now, litttrash said:

coolor master 6502

I'm not exactly sure what PSU is that lol.

As for the case, you could go with a 500DX or a p300a or a meshify c (though do throw a fan or two for them which will help) or the p400a to name some. 

And what PSU is that again? But if you need an upgrade, an rmx unit or a txm or a revolution D.F or a ion+ or an AMP or a focus gm or straight power or an MWE gold or pure power 11 (to name some) are quite decent. 

With the 3070, that should be around 1200ish bucks. 

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I'm not exactly sure what PSU is that lol.

As for the case, you could go with a 500DX or a p300a or a meshify c (though do throw a fan or two for them which will help) or the p400a to name some. 

And what PSU is that again? But if you need an upgrade, an rmx unit or a txm or a revolution D.F or a ion+ or an AMP or a focus gm or straight power or an MWE gold or pure power 11 (to name some) are quite decent. 

With the 3070, that should be around 1200ish bucks. 

Um just a couple questions i see the r5 3600 and 3600x are priced the same but the x has 3.8 ghz compared to 3.6 Whats the big difference that im missing? Does pc partpicker include sales tax because if so then im very stupid. Also can i switch the ram back i just like the white ram or is that a problem? Sorry if my questions are very stupid im just new to this stuff and i appreciate the help!

4 minutes ago, litttrash said:

is that a problem

It's just a more expensive kit that will perform worse. 

You could go with it I guess. 

5 minutes ago, litttrash said:

r5 3600 and 3600x are priced the same but the x has 3.8 ghz compared to 3.6

There's more to a cpu than clock speeds but it's a 10 dollar difference that's not worth it in all honesty. 

6 minutes ago, litttrash said:

include sales tax

Afaik it does. 

Build Log: