Forgot Windows 10 Password on Acer Laptop A114-32-C2VZ please help

Hi. i got this brand new laptop literally few days back and i just got it setup activated the windows. activated other stuff and setup windows user password.

and today i forgot the password... i have been trying for the past 4 hours to recall and i have tried all the passwords that i could remember. 

i am so frustrated and so disappointed :(

now the issue is before setting the password i updated the windows 10 to the latest available update and then set the password.

now when i press Alt+F10 to go the the system settings thing on all the options i see it asks me for admin password which i am trying to recover in first place. 

like before i when i used to go to that setting page it showed options like safe mode and all that but now it asks for password AT EVERY OPTION... :(

i am attaching pictres of all the things i can. if you need more pics or something i can provide.

• please if anyone can help me here i will be grateful and if any 

20200910_001415.jpg

20200910_001508.jpg

I dunno if others have better suggestion but resetting/reinstalling the laptop itself is the good choice so far.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

1 minute ago, dhannemon13 said:

I dunno if others have better suggestion but resetting/reinstalling the laptop itself is the good choice so far.

i know but i dont want to do that as this is a brand new laptop with like activated windows and office 360. i also dont know how to install windows like from scratch :(

Just now, TechLoverboi said:

i know but i dont want to do that as this is a brand new laptop with like activated windows and office 360. i also dont know how to install windows like from scratch :(

Rather you can't use your laptop, either.

Well, a lot of tutorials on YouTube. Get yourself a 8 GB minimum of USB flash drive. Download the ISO first (I suggest you download a 1909 version here (I used it on a friend's laptop, Acer either), many people said 2004 still got too much bug for some of the apps), use Rufus to copy those iso files onto a flashdrive, get into UEFI Firmware Settings on your second screenshot. Don't forget also to disable Secure Boot  or else the flash drive won't even boot because of Secure Boot Fail error. Boot from the flash drive, delete the old partitions (except your data partition), and reinstall. Yet, a tutorial from YouTube will make things a lot easier.

Don't forget to plug the laptop to it's charger while it's reinstalling. Woulda saved a life.

And, just use a easier password to remember next time after this.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

8 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Rather you can't use your laptop, either.

Well, a lot of tutorials on YouTube. Get yourself a 8 GB minimum of USB flash drive. Download the ISO first (I suggest you download a 1909 version here (I used it on a friend's laptop, Acer either), many people said 2004 still got too much bug for some of the apps), use Rufus to copy those iso files onto a flashdrive, get into UEFI Firmware Settings on your second screenshot. Don't forget also to disable Secure Boot  or else the flash drive won't even boot because of Secure Boot Fail error. Boot from the flash drive, delete the old partitions (except your data partition), and reinstall. Yet, a tutorial from YouTube will make things a lot easier.

Don't forget to plug the laptop to it's charger while it's reinstalling. Woulda saved a life.

And, just use a easier password to remember next time after this.

yea i think thats my only option now. anyways im downloading from the link you gave. will it be activated or will i have to buy windows key?

3 minutes ago, TechLoverboi said:

yea i think thats my only option now. anyways im downloading from the link you gave. will it be activated or will i have to buy windows key?

No need to get another license, if you got an OEM license from previous Windows install, it'll just reactivate right away when you connect to the internet.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

44 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Don't reinstall , laptops come with a bunch of costume drivers and vendor settings, it'll never be the same or function how it should if you reinstall (no, windows isn't finding the correct drivers for you, it'll find ones that "work" but not the OEM ones that 'should' be installed)

Anyways there are programs for pw recovery google them I couldn't tell you cause I never used any.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

39 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Why would you recommend anyone to install windows on a laptop no less when all they need is a pw recovery app...

*sigh*

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 9/10/2020 at 12:44 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

😒

Reveal hidden contents
  • Reset local account password for Windows 10, version 1803 and beyond
  • If you added security questions when you set up your local account for Windows 10, then you have at least version 1803 and you can answer security questions to sign back in.
  • After you've entered an incorrect password:
    • Select the Reset password link on the sign-in screen. If you use a PIN instead, see PIN sign-in issues. If you're using a work device that's on a network, you may not see an option to reset your password or PIN. In that case, contact your administrator.
    • Answer your security questions.
    • Enter a new password.
    • Sign in as usual with the new password.
  • Reset local account password for Windows 10, before version 1803
  • For versions of Windows 10 earlier than 1803, local account passwords can't be reset because there are no security questions. You can reset your device to choose a new password, however this option will permanently delete your data, programs, and settings. If you've backed up your files you'll be able to restore your deleted files. For more information, see Recovery options in Windows 10
  • To reset your device, which will delete data, programs, and settings:
    • Press the Shift key while you select the Power  button > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. 
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
    • Select Remove everything

6 Best Free Windows Password Recovery Tools

https://www.lifewire.com/free-windows-password-recovery-tools-2626179

OMG Thank You soooo very much for your help... i used MiniTool ShadowMaker to recover the password. it was so simple. Thanks to all who helped me.

Grumpy Old Man Can you help me with another issue im facing with laptop windows HERE?

Regards

Edited by TechLoverboi
aadf