Can I put a GTX 1660 super mini in my PC with 320W PSU?

FinishGamer86

It's just for asking , I don't actually intend to buy a 1660 any time soon , for that I need to build a new computer. Let's start with the fact that this PSU is not shitty at all and it's power efficient , as it powered a Zotac 750ti 2GB card for a year and now it has been powering for two months a GTX 1650 MINI ITX from Gigabyte , the 750ti was oveclocked , and the 1650 is still overclocked and.I saw Linus do something similar (The GPU was a 1660ti)only with a Dell PC that had a 275W psu and an i7-3770 in it. 

I have a HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT with an i7-2600 and a 320W psu. Can I do what Linus did , by adding a SATA to Pin cable and knowing that this psu has 45 watts more and also that this psu is not a bad one? 

(I know I could go with a RX580 but my PC supports low profile and single fan cards only, and going with RX550 o 560 is going to hurt performance as they are somewhat slower than my 1650)

This is the video I am talking about: 

I wouldn't recommend it as the recommended PSU for the 1660 super mini is a 450w psu

13 minutes ago, MrTuffguy said:

I wouldn't recommend it as the recommended PSU for the 1660 super mini is a 450w psu

Yeah But the 1660ti which Linus used also recommends a 450W psu, but he was using it with a 275W PSU and without any problems with even less wattage compared to mine. Anyway why would've he go with that then? Knowing that the recommended PSU wattage was 450W? 

It would be bad in the long run though Linus used it just for that video, So he wouldn't worry about the longrun

8 minutes ago, MrTuffguy said:

It would be bad in the long run though Linus used it just for that video, So he wouldn't worry about the longrun

But he also reccomended it , so wasn't he already thinking about longrun use? 

Worse case you just underclock/volt a little on the cpu or gpu.

However in my experience, that won't necessarily solve spikes in power draw and didn't help me run 2x1060s or 2x rx580s

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

1 minute ago, FinishGamer86 said:

But he also reccomended it , so wasn't he already thinking about longrun use? 

I don't know about that, I would say cheaping out on a psu is NOT worth it.

On 9/6/2020 at 9:26 PM, MrTuffguy said:

I don't know about that, I would say cheaping out on a psu is NOT worth it.

This PSU is not bad at all , it handled an overclocked GTX 750ti for a year without any problems and with heavy use. Now it has been handling a 1650 Mini ITX OC from Gigabyte for 3 months. 

4 hours ago, FinishGamer86 said:

This PSU is not bad at all , it handled an overclocked GTX 750ti for a year without any problems and with heavy use. Now it has been handling a 1650 Mini ITX OC from Gigabyte for 3 months. 

Then why ask dood go for it...