Dell Optiplex - PCI Card

Hey,

I just recently purchased a dell optiplex 7010 to work from home. However I also bought it to do some light audio editing.

In order to use my audio interface I need to install a PCI FireWire card. Ideally I'd like both 400 and 800. 

The problem is that I'm not 100% sure if I'm getting the right card (and also if there's a cheaper one somewhere?) I believe from the research I've done that it needs to be low profile so that it powers from the port and it also needs the smaller bracket size.

The card I've been looking at is here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002S53IG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QrcvFbZBYNTDY but it looks like this could have a bracket that won't fit? Maybe I'm wrong though. 

I am also attaching a picture of the board too.

Appreciate any help on this. 

Thanks!

IMG_20200906_004911.jpg

Ideally, you'll want something that powers from the board, depending on the stock power supply unit (PSU).

By the looks of it there is already something in the PCIe slot to the left. But this sound card should also work in the PCIex16 slot to the right, providing you weren't planning on installing a GPU at any point.

The card in your link is advertised as a low profile card so I believe it should fit.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

Additionally, you may need a smaller bracket. Ask the seller if the card comes with the smaller bracket. If not, NewEgg sells the same one with both brackets.

Check this out on @Newegg: SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009 https://www.newegg.ca/syba-model-sd-pex30009-pci-express-to-1394-card/p/N82E16815124072?Item=9SIAKNK9GA5555&Source=socialshare&cm_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-9SIAKNK9GA5555-_-09062020

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

Thanks for the info! I've had a dig around on the listing and it looks like it comes with a low profile bracket alright so I think I should be good on this one. Thanks again!