Lastest AGESA Combo-AM4 V2 1.0.8.0 and 3500x successful overclock

so today I installed the latest bios update for my board, and to my surprise I've got a decent overclock about the normal 4.2ghz and at unbelievable voltages??? Cinebench R20 at 4.4 all core with 1.325v in bios and booted fine and prime95 fine, Aida flu stress for 1 hour and I could get it to crash??? Whats goin on. Its like I've installed a 3600xt?? Anyone have a clue? Thanks

P.s not complaining lmao!!

So the picture below are the temps min and max for that run. 

20200906_010845.jpg

you made me curious what OC i could get on 1.325v

so I tried it

image.thumb.png.b2e9782df284370c12d80cb09be605c6.png

my CCD1 refuse to clock higher without crashing, and this isnt a validated stable OC either.

Means ya got a pretty nice die there, able to clock 4.4 on 1.325v

-continues to fiddle to see how high i can go-

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Its worth noting that the voltage is set in bios but the cpu was out the box settings at first so clocked a 4.4 at 1.425, brought the voltage down while under fpu stress test and I just kept lowering it, even stopping the test and starting again to make cpu pull wattage and stress the load line out. Only 1 hour worth of testing but seems OK so far. On the original bios with board never booted on 4.4 before 4.2 was max and needed at least 1.375 to do it.

Also u have 3900x so maybe load line level set at 2, 1.4v in bios at stock clocks. Ryzen master set on maybe 4.3? Never played with 3900x, Stress watch what voltage drops too. Lower voltage in ryzen master. Im no expert but I have overclocked a cpu with a pencil before so......

Oh I didn't do LLC of any sort

Maybe I should look into it

Just been tuning voltage and frequency in ryzen master

I tried 1.375v, the temps reached 92c so I won't go any further lol

What cooler u got and i wouldn't recommend going above 75 degrees. I have corsair 240mm aio. Air cooler won't get you near 4.4 tbh. 

Edited by Leon86

its does 4525ghz max 4550, won't run r20 btw, highly doubt its stable above 4.4 tbh

30 minutes ago, Leon86 said:

What cooler u got and i wouldn't recommend going above 75 degrees.

dark rock pro 3, stock setting temps are already 80c-82c lol

Air cooler won't get you near 4.4 tbh. 

yeah i know, just curious about how far i can go

having an extra CCD doesnt help matters either lol

its does 4525ghz max 4550, won't run r20 btw, highly doubt its stable above 4.4 tbh

hmm... im not gonna reach those numbers until i move my computer into my room where there's AC

right now it outside, and the monitors and such is inside.

Aren't the dark rock coolers like one of the best air coolers on the market?? Is your bios upto date? Do u have the latest agesa? Whats the stock voltage? 

good to find such thread.

I bought a 3500X earlier this week, this is a 2020 Production chip and I also can clock it all cores at 4.4Ghz but with lower voltage than yours (1.25V).I am running this on a B550M motherboard latest BIOS.

Super stable in AIDA64 or Cinebench as well as CPU intense gaming sessions

Funny like 2 weeks ago I bought a 3500, production date was Mid 2019 and could not go above 4.25Ghz and with much higher voltage (1.35V)

i believe the node process had matured since last year as I see recent 3600 can hit 4,5Ghz ,

Or the X variant are somehow binned  but I thought the only difference was the L3 cash increased to 32MB.

anyway I am planning to do a bit more tweaking this week-end to see if I can further UV the 4.4Ghz stable clock or push the clock to recah 4.5Ghz with higher voltage. I am cooling this baby witha  240mm AIO and my temps at peak are in the low 60s so I am happy to push the power envelop as much as I can

any tip to achieve that is appreciated.

thanks

oh I forgot to say.I OC from inside Windows with Ryzen Master and my RAM is LPX Corsair at 3333Mhz CL16

to OP

Your thread title talks about the 3500X but the screenshot is showing 3600X chip profile with 6C 12T.

Looking at the R20 multi core score, its not a 3500X. I can achieve 3000pts which is quire good but because of the 3500X lacking SMT, it cant compete with 3600X obviously

just wanted to clarify

thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 5:13 AM, nolive721 said:

to OP

Your thread title talks about the 3500X but the screenshot is showing 3600X chip profile with 6C 12T.

Looking at the R20 multi core score, its not a 3500X. I can achieve 3000pts which is quire good but because of the 3500X lacking SMT, it cant compete with 3600X obviously

just wanted to clarify

thanks so much

Ahhh sorry, yes its 3600x was purchased early 2020, like January. Im rubbish at typing. Lol