Ryzen 5 3600x+3080 bottleneck?

SHADY16
1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The top one stood out the most, windows drivers.

Are you using the NVMe driver from the samsung site? Might be worth a shot instead of the windows appointed driver (which might be the same one, just installed differently at setup.)

yep running samsungs driver, even latest bios for my motherboard. i might try replacing the M2 first to see if that fixes it then ill see about motherboard and cpu. i have also removed my overclock for troubleshooting purposes

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

1 minute ago, SHADY16 said:

yep running samsungs driver, even latest bios for my motherboard. i might try replacing the M2 first to see if that fixes it then ill see about motherboard and cpu. i have also removed my overclock for troubleshooting purposes

I think it's worth it to diagnose and repair for now.

What was your overclock exactly? 

Cpu and Memory only?

Cache OC?

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I think it's worth it to diagnose and repair for now.

What was your overclock exactly? 

Cpu and Memory only?

Cache OC?

just cpu to 5ghz. and using xmp for memory cache was like set to 45

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

Just now, SHADY16 said:

just cpu to 5ghz. and using xmp for memory cache was like set to 45

Did you manually adjusted the Cpu Vccio and Vccia voltages? 

Nothing over 1.1v is needed for either on your overclocks. 

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

yeah i did it manually but my chip needed 1.35v to stay stable at 5 ghz. wouldnt even stay stable at 1.34v

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

could it potentially be my gpu riser cable thats causing the crashes?

Just now, SHADY16 said:

could it potentially be my gpu riser cable thats causing the crashes?

Eliminate any possibility you can. Yes maybe? 

But it's more of a system error if not a hardware issue. 

One that stood out in that list to me btw was this one.

"Corruption in Windows registry from a recent volmgr.sys-related software change (install or uninstall)."

Any software you think of that meets the criteria about, perhaps look into. 

I'm not by any means an operating system guru, but It might not hurt to toss a thread up in the Operating system section. 

Just trying to give you ideas, it might take a while to correctly diagnose this, but might be cheaper than buying a new rig, (imo)

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Eliminate any possibility you can. Yes maybe? 

But it's more of a system error if not a hardware issue. 

One that stood out in that list to me btw was this one.

"Corruption in Windows registry from a recent volmgr.sys-related software change (install or uninstall)."

Any software you think of that meets the criteria about, perhaps look into. 

I'm not by any means an operating system guru, but It might not hurt to toss a thread up in the Operating system section. 

Just trying to give you ideas, it might take a while to correctly diagnose this, but might be cheaper than buying a new rig, (imo)

but wouldnt the fresh install of windows have eliminated that? oh just remembered something before i reinstalled windows it did give me a bugcheck code which was DPC Watchdog Violation 

Just now, SHADY16 said:

but wouldnt the fresh install of windows have eliminated that? oh just remembered something before i reinstalled windows it did give me a bugcheck code which was DPC Watchdog Violation 

Very much sounds drive related or driver for the ssd related.

Have you tried older drivers (If there are any?)

Very much sounds drive related or driver for the ssd related.

Have you tried older drivers (If there are any?)

how would i even know what driver to try? the nvme driver is the only one i could find. oh i even tried updating my SSD firmware to latest too 

2 minutes ago, SHADY16 said:

how would i even know what driver to try? the nvme driver is the only one i could find. oh i even tried updating my SSD firmware to latest too 

OK, plan B?

Remove SSD, find sata ssd or w/e drive and throw windows on it.

Maybe the drive is bad after all. 

If it's the slot on the board, you'd obviously test with another NVMe drive.

OK, plan B?

Remove SSD, find sata ssd or w/e drive and throw windows on it.

Maybe the drive is bad after all. 

If it's the slot on the board, you'd obviously test with another NVMe drive.

i might still try a new NVME as ive been thinking about a 1tb one for more space. that way if it still doesnt work can cross that out of the list and if it does would be cheaper then replacing everything

Just now, SHADY16 said:

i might still try a new NVME as ive been thinking about a 1tb one for more space. that way if it still doesnt work can cross that out of the list and if it does would be cheaper then replacing everything

Not a bad idea. The board carries a 3 year warranty, TUF series is 5yr. 

Fingers crossed though. 

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Not a bad idea. The board carries a 3 year warranty, TUF series is 5yr. 

Fingers crossed though. 

hmm could it potentially be a dying PSU? i mean voltages were good in bios and i checked them with HWmonitor its also a Corsair 850RM 80+gold so it should be a good unit also reason why i was considering new cpu and motherboard is because the new 3000 series is gen 4

Just now, SHADY16 said:

hmm could it potentially be a dying PSU? i mean voltages were good in bios and i checked them with HWmonitor its also a Corsair 850RM 80+gold so it should be a good unit also reason why i was considering new cpu and motherboard is because the new 3000 series is gen 4

Doubt it. I think the drive is the right track.

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Doubt it. I think the drive is the right track.

yeah when i get the time to change the M2 out for a new one i will though due to work i dont think ill have time until next thursday. 

Just now, SHADY16 said:

yeah when i get the time to change the M2 out for a new one i will though due to work i dont think ill have time until next thursday. 

Sounds good, you can update I'm interested in the results. (hopefully good results)

Just for shits and grins, redo the installation media as well. 

15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Sounds good, you can update I'm interested in the results. (hopefully good results)

the installation media is fresh as i made it right before i did my reinstall. which was yesterday

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 12:27 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

hey just to give you that update a new M2 NVME fixed my issue got the samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB to replace my Samsung 960 Pro 512gb

I knew it was a M2 / NVME issue most likely...oof.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, SHADY16 said:

hey just to give you that update a new M2 NVME fixed my issue got the samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB to replace my Samsung 960 Pro 512gb

Nice! Glad you got it worked out man. Good deal.