how do i get someone's finger size without them knowing

spartaman64
2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Am I the only one who finds the nature of the title to be creepy?

Also worth considering some people don't like surprises.

i mean we talked about getting married so its not 100% a surprise and I know the answer but i still want to make it something special instead of just yo lets get engaged 

3 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

When my now wife and I discussed getting married I asked her for her ring size, it saved a lot of hassle.

yeah i should have asked then 

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

yeah i should have asked then 

I will fetch my time machine!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I just went through this dilemma too!

I ended up asking one of her good friends to "slyly" get her size for me. I'm not convinced there is any sly way of asking that question though.

Good luck!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Speaking from experience: if you both want to get married, just ask for the ring size. You can still make the proposal special without keeping your intentions a complete surprise.

On 9/7/2020 at 2:02 PM, fpo said:

Cut off her finger & put it on ice so they can put it back on. 

Exactly what I did. GF/Fiancee wasn't particularly happy for whatever reason, wrong time of the month maybe. Meh.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:33 PM, spartaman64 said:

As the title says im asking for a friend Kappa.

ok someone suggested that i should stick her finger into playdoh and bring that to the jeweler what do you guys think too obvious? and what sort of excuse can i make up for that

does diameter pi work for fingers?

Really, if you're both prepared for/considering marriage, just ask, Engagement is a fairly critical step in the entire marriage thang.

If you are really after a surprise, just try a size 6 (US) ring, as it will most likely fit. If not you can get it resized, most rings are made out of very soft metal, so it's not a super hard job for a jeweller.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Exactly what I did. GF/Fiancee wasn't particularly happy for whatever reason, wrong time of the month maybe. Meh.

Do it when they’re sleeping. 

chloraphorm works pretty well. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Do it when they’re sleeping. 

chloraphorm works pretty well. 

Ah, Will take this advice for our 2nd engagement. Thank you internet stranger!

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

10 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Ah, Will take this advice for our 2nd engagement. Thank you internet stranger!

You’re welcome! Renewed vows are common place nowadays. 

wrap paracord around her finger and mark it where it goes over

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

• 3 weeks later...

This is another reason i find marriage in the America's an odd thing. While i lived in Italy several friends got engaged and the process was once they decide to get married they would both go to the jewler together and pick out the ring and size it. It seems like a more logical approach to the whole mess.

Now i'm guessing this isn't an option for you for one reason or another so my best suggestion is take a look at her hand and compare her finger size to your pinky. Most healthy weight females have ring fingers that are about equal to a average healthy weight male pinky about 1/4 to 1/2 the way down.

Now if by chance you go too big or too small just take it to a jeweler after the fact it's usually like 10 bucks to get it resized and only takes like 30+/- min