Nintendo Just Won 2020

Lord Vile

Nintendo announced today a metric ton of Mario related material for the 35th anniversary including the 3D all stars collection which has arguably the best platformers of the 5th,6th and 7th generation of consoles. Nice to see people who don't have an N64, GameCube and Wii can now play 3 genuinely 10/10 games. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Seems interesting, but if you're going to port a Wii Mario game it needs to be Super Mario Bros Wii. I grew up on that game and it would be amazing to see a remastered version of it. Too bad they picked Super Mario Galaxy instead (yes, I do know the premise of the collection is 3D mario games, but still). I never did play that game.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

3 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Seems interesting, but if you're going to port a Wii Mario game it needs to be Super Mario Bros Wii. I grew up on that game and it would be amazing to see a remastered version of it. Too bad they picked Super Mario Galaxy instead. I never did play that game.

Galaxy 1 and 2 are the best rated games of the Wii and top 5 all time I believe??? New super Mario bros is good but it's not a 3D Mario so they can't put it in the collection really and they've releasing super Mario all stars on the SNES virtual collection now.

Just now, duncannah said:

You can just play these on emulators though? I don't see what's special with it

Would like to point out that pirating software is illegal

They were so close though..

image.png.d6b569b47173037c63da1eeeb8d4157d.png

Just hope Sunshine gets some camera tweaks, the original can be a bit clunky.

And Pokemon Platinum remake when????

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Lord Vile said:

Legal copies exist

🙂

Galaxy 1 and 2 are the best rated games of the Wii and top 5 all time I believe???

I'm not saying they aren't. I'm just saying for me personally the nostalgia isn't there since I never got the chance to play them myself. Maybe I'll have to pick them up used somewhere and give them a try (I've been getting back into playing a lot of platformers and racing games lately and I still have my Wii lying around gathering dust)

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Just now, minibois said:

They were so close though..

image.png.d6b569b47173037c63da1eeeb8d4157d.png

Just hope Sunshine gets some camera tweaks, the original can be a bit clunky.

And Pokemon Platinum remake when????

It's weird not including Galaxy 2, this is only on a limited release though so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Galaxy deluxe in 12 months time. 

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Can you not just play gamecube and wii games from the disc with dolphin emulator?

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, duncannah said:

Legal copies exist

Such as? 

Emulators aren't illegal and I can rip Wii or GameCube games legally just fine on my Wii console :D

No shame in playing Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2 in glorious 4K on my PC!

7 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Seems interesting, but if you're going to port a Wii Mario game it needs to be Super Mario Bros Wii. I grew up on that game and it would be amazing to see a remastered version of it. Too bad they picked Super Mario Galaxy instead (yes, I do know the premise of the collection is 3D mario games, but still). I never did play that game.

Seems as good as any reason to pick up this collection; Super Mario Galaxy is awesome!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, WaggishOhio383 said:

Can you not just play gamecube and wii games from the disc with dolphin emulator?

But then you're buying the disc which for 64 and sunshine cost more than this collection

Just now, minibois said:

Seems as good as any reason to pick up this collection; Super Mario Galaxy is awesome!

Is it switch exclusive though, because I'm not spending the $300 to get a switch just for that game when I could just get it on the Wii. If they released the collection on Steam though then I'd definitely consider it.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

7 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

I never did play that game.

I don't understand how you could just not play Super Mario galaxy. To be fair I never played the second one but the first game I beat with both Mario and Luigi twice.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Emulators aren't illegal and I can rip Wii or GameCube games legally just fine on my Wii console :D

No shame in playing Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2 in glorious 4K on my PC!!

Obviously but if you're talking about cost etc Mario 64 unboxed is around £25 and sunshine is £30 which is the same as the collection. Plus personally emulation always feels off for me, I've done it with games on dolphin and it's just not the same. And most people just download roms

Just now, Gundar said:

I don't understand how you could just not play Super Mario galaxy. To be fair I never played the second one but the first game I beat with both Mario and Luigi twice.

It's called me not having money and my parents not wanting to buy it for me at the time

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Mario Kart live looks really cool assuming you have the space and a VR rig to match. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Is it switch exclusive though, because I'm not spending the $300 to get a switch just for that game when I could just get it on the Wii. If they released the collection on Steam though then I'd definitely consider it.

Look for a switch lite? bit cheaper plus you can play odyssey, BoTW etc. Some of the Nintendo exclusives are insane. 

Just now, WaggishOhio383 said:

It's called me not having money and my parents not wanting to buy it for me at the time

Nobody has money as a kid but my library had a lot of wii games including Super Mario Galaxy.

AMD blackout rig

3 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Nobody has money as a kid but my library had a lot of wii games including Super Mario Galaxy.

Unfortunately not mine. My parents' whole reason for getting a Wii as opposed to something like an Xbox 360 is that a lot of the games involved moving and being physically active. Thus, most of my childhood was spent playing games like Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. Mario Bros Wii and Mario Kart were the two exceptions to that general rule.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

5 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Unfortunately not mine.

Rip. I mean wii sports+wii sports resort were really fun games too.

AMD blackout rig

6 hours ago, minibois said:

No shame in playing Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2 in glorious 4K on my PC!

I could never get my Wiimote to be as responsive in Dolphin as on my real Wii, and Galaxy is one of the few games that implements the motion control really well. So feels like a best of both worlds for me to get Galaxy 1 on Switch at 1080p with motion controls through the joycons. Do you feel there is much difference in how the game looks at 1080p vs 4k? Or do you get diminishing returns?

11 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

. I grew up on that game 

It was at this point that I realized that the Wii is actually pretty old. Thanks for making me feel ancient for growing up with O. G. NES mario.