Looking for a Second Monitor

rojobahr

I'm looking for a second monitor, so that I can multitask more effectively and so I can look at a walkthough for some of my more cryptic games without Alt-Tabbing. But I can't seem to decide which one. I attribute this to me not knowing what exactly I want. 

What I do know is the following:

My budget is ~$300 US, but I'd like to stay at around $250 or less, if possible.

I'm a hardcore gamer, but I am not competitive. I do like smoothness, though, but if I am getting a monitor with a refresh rate above 60hz, then I want it to be able to "scale down" to 60, to maintain compatibility with older games.

I don't really have any interest in resolutions higher than 1080p, mostly because support for older games starts to break down severely past that resolution. Also because I can't seem to notice much difference. 

And, I want Freesync.

My current monitor is an AOC G2460VQ6. It has been serving me well, but it has a dead pixel and I would like to make use of the benefits of having a second monitor. 

I've read the sticky, but having a bunch of reviews thrown at you doesn't really matter if you don't know what you want. That is why I'm making this. 

In case it is of any importance, here is my current build:

Ryzen 5 1500X

Radeon RX 580

ASRock AB350 Pro 4

ASUS Xonar DX

A Wi-Fi card I don't know the name of.

Windows 10 Pro

And an undetermined Linux OS possibly sometime in the future.

Thank you.

Get another of that AOC one if you care about looks, Is the dead pixel in the top almost middle?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Get another of that AOC one if you care about looks, Is the dead pixel in the top almost middle?

The dead pixel is closer to the lower left corner. It's not too big of a bother.

Just now, rojobahr said:

The dead pixel is closer to the lower left corner. It's not too big of a bother.

Can I have a image where it is circeled in?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, rojobahr said:

Have you tried using a dead pixel fixer?

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Just now, ImAlsoRan said:

Have you tried using a dead pixel fixer?

There isn't anything such only stuck pixels

Reminder⚠️

6 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Can I have a image where it is circeled in?

Attached is a screen capture, where the dead pixel is on my screen in inside the circle. 

Perhaps you are misunderstanding why I am looking for a second monitor. The dead pixel, while annoying on the times when I notice it, is not the main reason. I can live with it if I were to relegate this monitor as my secondary one.

The main reason is because I want to make use of the multitasking benefits of having two monitors. Maybe it was how I worded my OP.

img.PNG

1 minute ago, rojobahr said:

Attached is a screen capture, where the dead pixel is on my screen in inside the circle. 

Perhaps you are misunderstanding why I am looking for a second monitor. The dead pixel, while annoying on the times when I notice it, is not the main reason. I can live with it if I were to relegate this monitor as my secondary one.

The main reason is because I want to make use of the multitasking benefits of having two monitors. Maybe it was how I worded my OP.

img.PNG

Could you make the circle bigger? I'm not misunderstanding but my same monitor also has a dead / stuck pixel

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Could you make the circle bigger? I'm not misunderstanding but my same monitor also has a dead / stuck pixel

It is on the Notify me of replies slider button of the form. Ovioulsy we can't see the dead pixel from the screen shot but that gives us an and idea where it is on the screen.

1 minute ago, Catsrules said:

It is on the Notify me of replies slider button of the form. Ovioulsy we can't see the dead pixel from the screen shot but that gives us an and idea where it is on the screen.

Oh didn't see the circle at first

Reminder⚠️

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

It's a screencap, so you aren't going to see the dead pixel itself and I don't have a phone to take a picture with. In this screencap, it is in the middle of the white "Notify me of replies" circle. My mistake for making the circle dark blue.

img.PNG