lack luster performance with i59600k & RTX2060

CrashDown23

Hey guys,

Kinda stumped.... its not that big of a deal, but something that nags on me every few months.

Around november of last year I built my gaming PC. I really only play Eve online, but I run 3 clients at once. I dabble in combat flight sims like DCS and BMS4.32.

The rig I came up with was:

i59600k - oc'd to 4.3ghz

32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz (Dual Channel)

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge A/C WiFi

Evga RTX2060 XC Ultra

500gb Sabrent Rocket nvme

1tb firecuda sshd for my steam library

My score in Unigen Heaven is:

FPS: 125.2

Score :3154

Min FPS: 29

Max FPS: 220

settings are:

1920x1080

8xAA

Windowed

Quality: Ultra

Tess: Disabled

A weird issue is the RTX is showing up as only have 4gb's of GDDR in the Benchmark Scores results

Now for eve online that runs things pretty smothly, but I was expecting more. What makes me think something isnt right is my old X58 rig which i rebuilt at the start of the lockdown for image rendering performs way better in the benchmark..The system specs are:

Asus x58 Sabertooth

W3690 Oc'd to 4.16ghz on Air

24gb's of Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600mhz (triple channel)

Evga RTX2060 XC Ultra

256gb Adata SSD (boot)

1tb Firecuda spinner disk for storage

i dont have exact scores in front of me, but they were roughly:

FPS: 133-136

Score: 4300 (roughly)

Min FPS: In the mid 30's maybe

Max FPS: around the mid 200's....

1920x1080

8xAA

Windowed

Quality: ultra

Tess: Disabled

Am I wrong that this i5 seems to be under performing? Or am i just crazy?

Are you monitoring temperature of the CPU?

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

15 minutes ago, H6NS said:

Are you monitoring temperature of the CPU?

Just ran the Benchmark again, CPU highest temp was core#0 at 56 degrees C. And Utilization never went over 45%. After abiuyt 60 seconds it settled in and never went over 35 for the rest of the benchmark.

18 minutes ago, CrashDown23 said:

Just ran the Benchmark again, CPU highest temp was core#0 at 56 degrees C. And Utilization never went over 45%. After abiuyt 60 seconds it settled in and never went over 35 for the rest of the benchmark.

I have the 8086K in my system and since BIOS and microcode updates I'm also experiencing a bit lower performance. It is because of Intel's security exploits. I don't know if the 9th gen is facing these problems too or if Intel fixed it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

8 minutes ago, H6NS said:

I have the 8086K in my system and since BIOS and microcode updates I'm also experiencing a bit lower performance. It is because of Intel's security exploits. I don't know if the 9th gen is facing these problems too or if Intel fixed it.

Could be.... Ive been underwhelmed by this things performance since I built it.