To bottom of page button.

Hey I was wondering if possible to have a "go to bottom of page" button, much like the one for got to top of page button here as depicted.

The slider is nice, scrolling takes longer. 

My ultimate request is for it to stop at the last post on a page if I click it.

Doable? Easy?

Button top of page.png

click on the timestamp (4 minutes ago) of the "latest post" when you wanna enter a thread to see the last comment

image.png.60f2380b940bcd16df881292b34f27e7.png

not applicable for some cases where you cant click that though, so it's still worth looking into this idea

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why do you want to go to the bottom of the page?

The end key on your keyboard will jump you to the bottom though.

not on mobile though

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Well that's for the last post that was posted. What about page 4 of 15? 

The search feature gets me the thread, I'm digging the pages. 

8 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why do you want to go to the bottom of the page?

The end key on your keyboard will jump you to the bottom though.

That takes me past the last post. 

Depending on browser width, the Dunk tank challenge is at the bottom of the page, not the last post from a user on the page.... I guess is what I meant.

But yeah, end works. Kinda forgot about that lol. 

I can remember win+ctrl+shift+b restarts my video card driver, but the end key. slips the mind lol.

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

But yeah, end works. Kinda forgot about that lol. 

I too read @colonel_mortis post and was like...what is this sorcery! after I pressed the end button to test it lol.  But also goes further than the last post (dunk tank challenge) for me as well so I get what you mean (actually never really noted the red arrow that could take me up till now either)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

I too read @colonel_mortis post and was like...what is this sorcery! after I pressed the end button to test it lol.  But also goes further than the last post (dunk tank challenge) for me as well so I get what you mean (actually never really noted the red arrow that could take me up till now either)

Yes, I love the go to top of page button. It's very clever. One of the oldest buttons in the forums.

I'm looking to stop at just the last post though. That'll take some work, then no, not worth the trouble "END" works fine. 

Setting up forums can be a pain in the ass. If it requires a restart, it's likely not going to happen.

Then other bugs might pop up from implementing this, even more reason not to do it. 

I was just curious, that's all.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes, I love the go to top of page button. It's very clever. One of the oldest buttons in the forums.

I'm looking to stop at just the last post though. That'll take some work, then no, not worth the trouble "END" works fine. 

Setting up forums can be a pain in the ass. If it requires a restart, it's likely not going to happen.

Then other bugs might pop up from implementing this, even more reason not to do it. 

I was just curious, that's all.

To jump on the certain page, use arrow next to page number.

To jump to first unread post, click the circle/star in front of the title.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm still not sure I understand why you want to go to the bottom of the page, and I can't start evaluating whether to add a feature until I understand why it's desirable.

HTTP/2 203

14 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm still not sure I understand why you want to go to the bottom of the page, and I can't start evaluating whether to add a feature until I understand why it's desirable.

Again.....

Last post of the page, not bottom of the page.

If the browser isnt wide enough, hitting the end key brings it to the bottom of the page, way past the last post of the page.

Post. Bottom post. Not bottom of page.

Feel me?

32 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Again.....

Last post of the page, not bottom of the page.

If the browser isnt wide enough, hitting the end key brings it to the bottom of the page, way past the last post of the page.

Post. Bottom post. Not bottom of page.

Feel me?

But why do you want to go to the bottom post?

HTTP/2 203

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

But why do you want to go to the bottom post?

So, for example,  a thread with a lot of pages. Would like to just zip to the last post on page 13 vs scrolling or using the slider.

In some cases there's a lot of content on a single page, mainly pictures make the page extra long.

So instead of scrolling to the last post, the bottomn slides the page right to it. But not past it.

You do not have to do this on account of just me requesting it either. Last thing I want to do is give you extra work or in some cases bugs. 

The End button is good. I just widen the browser and that works fine.

17 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

So, for example,  a thread with a lot of pages. Would like to just zip to the last post on page 13 vs scrolling or using the slider.

In some cases there's a lot of content on a single page, mainly pictures make the page extra long.

So instead of scrolling to the last post, the bottomn slides the page right to it. But not past it.

You do not have to do this on account of just me requesting it either. Last thing I want to do is give you extra work or in some cases bugs. 

The End button is good. I just widen the browser and that works fine.

This explains why a button is better to get to that post, but I'm still confused about why the last post on page 13 is so much more appealing than the fifth post on page 14 or the 18th post on page 12.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

This explains why a button is better to get to that post, but I'm still confused about why the last post on page 13 is so much more appealing than the fifth post on page 14 or the 18th post on page 12.

Good memory, but not always good enough.

I remember what you said in the Intel HEDT thread a month or so back and it was at the bottom of that one page maybe 2and to last post. 

I can now start at the bottom and go up. 

I read left to right and bottom to top. Lol.

Backwards through pages. 

Running out of reasons of my mystical thought processes.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Good memory, but not always good enough.

I remember what you said in the Intel HEDT thread a month or so back and it was at the bottom of that one page maybe 2and to last post. 

I can now start at the bottom and go up. 

I read left to right and bottom to top. Lol.

Right, I see. In that case I'm afraid the answer is no, as it is a fair amount of work for a use case that would more or less just benefit you.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Right, I see. In that case I'm afraid the answer is no, as it is a fair amount of work for a use case that would more or less just benefit you.

Yessir, I understood that when I had asked the question.

Easy? Doable? Although right in the first post, but the other way around.....

Sorry to bother you with this man. I just wasn't sure if it would take work and create bugs, or something that's already there just needs enabled. 

Thank you for the end button reminder. I realized that worked great when I spread the browser lol.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Easy? Doable? Although right in the first post, but the other way around.....

Yeah, I had seen that, I just wanted to give clarity on where this stands - it is doable, the go to top button is custom so it would be feasible to add a go to bottom button there, and if it was something that would be widely applicable then it might have made sense, hence me trying to understand the use case here, but it's not just switching something on so it doesn't make sense based on that use case.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yeah, I had seen that, I just wanted to give clarity on where this stands - it is doable, the go to top button is custom so it would be feasible to add a go to bottom button there, and if it was something that would be widely applicable then it might have made sense, hence me trying to understand the use case here, but it's not just switching something on so it doesn't make sense based on that use case.

I gotcha. Was just an idea/suggestion. If nobody else uses it, I understand your point.

@ShrimpBrime Every post is wrapped in a uniquely identifiable <div>, so it should be pretty trivial to add the functionality that you want with a Tampermonkey script.

I'm also unclear how this would be useful for most people, as most people read top to bottom, so having this as a default would unnecessarily clutter the UI.

Just now, badreg said:

@ShrimpBrime Every post is wrapped in a uniquely identifiable <div>, so it should be pretty trivial to add the functionality that you want with a Tampermonkey script.

I'm also unclear how this would be useful for most people, as most people read top to bottom, so having this as a default would unnecessarily clutter the UI.

It's ok! I understand. 

I simply asked a question.

Horse life matters. Stop beating it.