Looking at the 3070, what will I NEED to upgrade?

Rambeaux
1 minute ago, Rambeaux said:

In your defense, you have to scroll ALLLLLLLL the way down the page to click "View Full Specs" then scroll ALLLLLL the way down the list to find the power draw info. 

Bro honestly that is way to much work thank you for sparing me. Did you have to read as well? ew

1 minute ago, Lordofcheez said:

Bro honestly that is way to much work thank you for sparing me. Did you have to read as well? ew

Yes because I'm already scraping by with a 500W PSU so I wanted to see what I was going have to upgrade to.

49 minutes ago, Rambeaux said:

Cool. That’s what I was concerned about. Thank you!

Can anyone give me a reason not to upgrade from an i5-8400 to an i7-9700k? I’m about to order it within the next week or so

Assuming you need to buy a new motherboard, I’m not familiar with Intel enough to know off the top of my head, I can’t think of a reason to buy Intel over Ryzen. It is quite plausible that the lack of pcie Gen4 starts to matter. Hardware Unboxed switched their testing platform to Ryzen because they needed pcie gen 4. Even with the 5700xt, they were seeing lower performance on gen3 in a few games. With the much more powerful RTX 3000 cards, it is plausible that these differences show up more and more over time. Intel is just lacking right now. 

4 hours ago, Rambeaux said:

Can anyone give me a reason not to upgrade from an i5-8400 to an i7-9700k? I’m about to order it within the next week or so

Other than the fact that the 9700k is a dead end, and not that much better performance than a Ryzen 5 3600, (especially if the RTX 3000 series gets significant performance boosts from running on PCIe 4.0) plus you lose out on PCIe 4.0, and that it's about the same price to upgrade to the 3600 and a B550 motherboard, not too many other reasons.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms