Is Youtuber "Moore's Law Is Dead" legit?

Shoopman
5 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

3080, if you can't keep it straight you need a better chart

Ah I see what you mean.

In the video he says the 3080 will have 10GB of memory. I wrote that as one thing he got right. Then later in the video he gets more specific and says the 3080 will have 10GB of VRAM and 3840 CUDA cores, which is wrong. So I wanted to give him one right because he got the memory correct, but one wrong because he got the CUDA cores wrong.

So it doesn't change the number of things he got right/wrong, but I'll make it a bit more clear what I mean. He got the memory right, but CUDA cores wrong.

I talked about him on another forum. I can listen to him sometimes, but he does too much finessing and double talking for me.

"I knew about this two years ago, but I couldn't say anything"

"My second new source has said this, but I can't tell you"
"4 months ago my source said this would happen. I kinda hinted at it. He said its supposed to be in, but we won't know until release"

I ain't mad at 'em though, he getting views and people enjoy the content. I can only take it in spurts, but half listening to what he says.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

On 9/8/2020 at 4:47 AM, LAwLz said:

I am currently in the process of doing just that. Here is a roundup of the things he got right and wrong about Ampere in this video:

Green = Turned out to be true.

Yellow = Not confirmed true or false yet.

Red = Things that he got wrong.

I like what you did here.

You could really make a whole website doing this on a variety of youtube channel types.

Maybe even your own channel, fact checking channel itself.

I think it would be cool, useful and interesting for people to read or watch.

I mean like what channels or people that are talking as experts about subjects they don't really have degrees in and people saying facts that are not facts. 

I just like the fast easy use of a colorized graph breakdown on how much of what a reviewer or maybe some self appointed expert might have said that is wrong.

This seems to me like it might be a void waiting to be filled.  😄

15 minutes ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I like what you did here.

You could really make a whole website doing this on a variety of youtube channel types.

Maybe even your own channel, fact checking channel itself.

I think it would be cool, useful and interesting for people to read or watch.

I mean like what channels or people that are talking as experts about subjects they don't really have degrees in and people saying facts that are not facts. 

I just like the fast easy use of a colorized graph breakdown on how much of what a reviewer or maybe some self appointed expert might have had said that is wrong.

This seems to me like it might be a void waiting to be filled.  😄

It's not something for me. Takes too much time and as you can see in this thread, a lot of people WANT the people they watch on Youtube to be correct. They will come up with excuses and defend them no matter what.

Even if I point out that someone like Tom was wrong about the number of CUDA cores they will come up with excuses like "Tom wasn't wrong and he is still reliable because it was probably Nvidia that tricked their partners and the partners sent that info to Tom".

They would rather believe Nvidia has some conspiracy theory and are feeding their partners incorrect information (which you will realize is complete BS if you just think about it for a second) than just admit that Tom was wrong and is unrelaible.

On 9/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, LAwLz said:

It's not something for me. Takes too much time and as you can see in this thread, a lot of people WANT the people they watch on Youtube to be correct. They will come up with excuses and defend them no matter what.

Even if I point out that someone like Tom was wrong about the number of CUDA cores they will come up with excuses like "Tom wasn't wrong and he is still reliable because it was probably Nvidia that tricked their partners and the partners sent that info to Tom".

They would rather believe Nvidia has some conspiracy theory and are feeding their partners incorrect information (which you will realize is complete BS if you just think about it for a second) than just admit that Tom was wrong and is unrelaible.

umm but everyone got the cuda core numbers wrong lol

@LAwLz     Also u forgot to add in green that he was right about the 3090 tdp 350 watt with aib models getting up to 400 

@LAwLz   Couldn't find the asus ones but these should do. These do show that some of the aib marketing for these cards were of on the cuda core counts.

https://www.techpowerup.com/271653/gainward-announces-geforce-rtx-30-series-phoenix-graphics-cards

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/74855/so-gainward-just-made-its-geforce-rtx-3090-3080-phoenix-official/index.html

https://videocardz.com/newz/gainward-confirms-geforce-rtx-3090-and-rtx-3080-phoenix-graphics-cards

• 4 weeks later...