Who leaves reviews?

shoutingsteve

I am going through my newegg purchase history leaving reviews for everything I bought in the last... long time.  I feel like most of us on here have a relatively higher standard of components, which means that all of our reviews are important.  But, do we all leave reviews for the stuff we buy? or is this community more of a "silently consume" kinda group?

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

For very positive things, I leave reviews.

For "meh" or overall unimpressive, but not bad products, I generally don't

For Very negative things, I do.

Generally speaking, however, customer reviews don't hold a whole ton of value, unless specific reviews include technical/in depth/ knowledgeable information directly in the review itself. Most consumer reviews are based upon first impressions, and not on the quality of the product itself.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I don't think I've ever left a review on any purchase

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Semper said:

For very positive things, I leave reviews.

For "meh" or overall unimpressive, but not bad products, I generally don't

For Very negative things, I do.

Generally speaking, however, customer reviews don't hold a whole ton of value, unless specific reviews include technical/in depth/ knowledgeable information directly in the review itself. Most consumer reviews are based upon first impressions, and not on the quality of the product itself.

I only pay attention to the 2,3, and 4 star reviews ( I find that these are the most honest). But you are right, it is all first impressions.

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

I don't think I've ever left a review on any purchase

boo.... you suck (says the guy who is 6 finger deep into a bottle of whiskey)

28 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

But, do we all leave reviews for the stuff we buy?

No, why would I? For most things that count, you can find professional reviews with more than a thumbs up or a thumbs down and a "I like it!"

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

35 minutes ago, Semper said:

All of this is why I never look at the positive reviews; so many people happily give 5/5 stars to fake products, thinking they got themselves a great deal, or just because the product looks good, or similarly shallow and/or idiotic reasons, and there's extremely little to be gained from positive reviews from random fuckers in general.

Negative reviews can at least hint at the failure-rates, though you do still have to sift through and ignore all the negative reviews that were left simply because people didn't know how to use what they bought or they bought the wrong thing.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I leave a review when I think about doing it. I rarely if ever do. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

7 hours ago, WereCatf said:

All of this is why I never look at the positive reviews; so many people happily give 5/5 stars to fake products, thinking they got themselves a great deal, or just because the product looks good, or similarly shallow and/or idiotic reasons, and there's extremely little to be gained from positive reviews from random fuckers in general.

Negative reviews can at least hint at the failure-rates, though you do still have to sift through and ignore all the negative reviews that were left simply because people didn't know how to use what they bought or they bought the wrong thing.

I understand what you mean.  I don't bother reading 1 or 5 star reviews, because allt eh helpful information is in the 2,3, and 4 star reviews.  5's are often fake and 1's are usually people who either don't know how to use the product or received a DOA.  When a review lists both good and bad aspects, I usually trust it.

I typically try to review most of what I buy, at least on Amazon when I get a reminder or "can you answer this question" email I'll jump on and throw a few words in a review. Newegg, as far as I know doesn't send out review requests and personally I don't trust many online reviews posted on individual products. there are some which seem more credible with images of installs and sometimes well worded reviews sway my judgement but the vast majority end up being "2 stars, worked great" or "5 starts, good product"

it's more reliable to go to youtube and poke around at some videos (which obviously isn't possible on every product). 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Usually I don't tend to leave behind reviews; not about the store nor the product.
I have done a couple reviews on this website, which I have always intended to do more about; but just never get to it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

I am going through my newegg purchase history leaving reviews for everything I bought in the last... long time.  I feel like most of us on here have a relatively higher standard of components, which means that all of our reviews are important.  But, do we all leave reviews for the stuff we buy? or is this community more of a "silently consume" kinda group?

I do some times, but Amazon won’t allow me to leave reviews. Because if you leave too many good ones they ban you from reviews. I do leave reviews on Newegg. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.