Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New PSU with 12pin for GPU

So I plan to get one of the new RTX 3000 cards. I need like a 800 watts. 

I can't seem to find any power supplies with the new 12 pin for the new GPUs. I'd also like to make it modular but I can't find any with the new 12 pins

1 minute ago, Stoigeboiii said:

So I plan to get one of the new RTX 3000 cards. I need like a 800 watts. 

I can't seem to find any power supplies with the new 12 pin for the new GPUs. I'd also like to make it modular but I can't find any with the new 12 pins

Because there are no PSUs that come with the 12-pin.

All high end PSUs are fully modular.   You would just get a replacement cable that plugs into the PSU that has the 12-pin on the opposite side.

Or... You just use the 2x PCIe to 1x 12-pin adapter that comes with the card.

Most if not all AIB cards won't use the proprietary 12-pin connector anyway. Unless you're specifically looking to get a Founder's Edition card.

Also, what other components are you using that you feel that you will need 800W, and what's your budget?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Most if not all AIB cards won't use the proprietary 12-pin connector anyway. Unless you're specifically looking to get a Founder's Edition card.

Also, what other components are you using that you feel that you will need 800W, and what's your budget?

I have a 3950x and plan to get the RTX 3900. Any psu recommendations?

1 minute ago, Stoigeboiii said:

I would honestly just wait for a review to see what it needs. It's not gonna be out for a bit anyways.

12 minutes ago, Stoigeboiii said:

Corsair RMx/RMi, be quiet! Straight Power 11, Bitfenix Whisper, Seasonic Focus PX/Prime Platinum - just to name a few solid options that aren't over the top cost-wise.

650W should be plenty, though you could go for a 750W unit if that's what you want, it's not like it's going to hurt anything.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT