First and last time ever buying from Powercolor.

vicente c

The 5700xt was the gpu I got for my first ever build, but it died within less than a year in use. I sent it back with the RMA process and waited almost a month for this gpu to finally get sent back. And whaddya know they send back a 5700, not a 5700xt.

shouldve listened to my friends and stick with nvidia. 😕

2 minutes ago, vicente c said:

shouldve listened to my friends and stick with nvidia.

How is this AMD's fault? This is why you don't buy cards from shitty aftermarket manufacturers.

And this is something you should be contacting their support about (again).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, vicente c said:

The 5700xt was the gpu I got for my first ever build, but it died within less than a year in use. I sent it back with the RMA process and waited almost a month for this gpu to finally get sent back. And whaddya know they send back a 5700, not a 5700xt.

shouldve listened to my friends and stick with nvidia. 😕

How is amd at fault here? That's the same thing saying I'm never buying Galax again should've listened to my friend and stuck with amd. This is just powercolor being at fault.

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

How is this AMD's fault? This is why you don't buy cards from shitty aftermarket manufacturers.

And this is something you should be contacting their support about (again).

i didnt say anything about Amd, I love what they have to offer. What I mean by the last part is that my friends told me to get a RTX card instead of a amd one but I went with a amd because I can trust them when it comes to performance (plus the fact so many people said good things about that specific company).

1 minute ago, vicente c said:

i didnt say anything about Amd, I love what they have to offer. What I mean by the last part is that my friends told me to get a RTX card instead of a amd one but I went with a amd because I can trust them when it comes to performance (plus the fact so many people said good things about it).

8 minutes ago, vicente c said:

shouldve listened to my friends and stick with nvidia.

What you did is the equivalent of buying cheap tires for your new car, then blaming the car when the tires make you slide in the rain and wrap your car around a pole.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, vicente c said:

i didnt say anything about Amd, I love what they have to offer. What I mean by the last part is that my friends told me to get a RTX card instead of a amd one but I went with a amd because I can trust them when it comes to performance (plus the fact so many people said good things about that specific company).

By saying "shouldve listened to my friends and stick with nvidia" you are saying that... When you say I should've stuck with Nvidia that means not going with AMD at all. You're contradicting yourself.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Guys, can we not be toxic on one small slip up? This is starting to look like youtube comments on both sides.

i suggest contacting powercolor again, nothing much you could do

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What you did is the equivalent of buying cheap tires for your new car, then blaming the car when the tires make you slide in the rain and wrap your car around a pole.

welp shame on me then

PowerColor didn't do a great job on those cards...

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15