LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

4 hours ago, Baha said:

It was already posted!

It just isn't pinned yet.

Thanks. Just got finished with my 3 hour drive home for the weekend after getting out of quarinteen,

11 minutes ago, Collin_S said:

Thanks. Just got finished with my 3 hour drive home for the weekend after getting out of quarinteen,

Ooof.

Also, you can follow the FAH2020 blog if you want, so you automatically get a posting notification.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

NICE. I Finally got over my first Day's numbers! I do feel like switching to use my laptop more made a good difference, though I am excited to see what my numbers are like tomorrow where I literally will not have used my desktop besides occasionally remoting into it to check on it. 

44 minutes ago, Collin_S said:

NICE. I Finally got over my first Day's numbers! I do feel like switching to use my laptop more made a good difference, though I am excited to see what my numbers are like tomorrow where I literally will not have used my desktop besides occasionally remoting into it to check on it. 

Add the laptop on low priority too for a few random bonus points.  Keep a few threads free so you won't notice much while doing other basic work.

Looks like the v7.6.20 client is available for download from the FAH site now.  Didn't see an announcement about it or release notes.  Anyone know what's new in that build?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.31e81cba5a6f75daaec2cbb0305e171c.png

welp, i managed to overload the little SFX 700W PSU in my main rig overclocking the 2080's.

sadly it shit the bed at 3AM, so i didn't find out untill this morning. that's gonna drop me some places in the list. :(

welp.PNG.d90817e06f2649360beae22b0ac82a54.PNG

22 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

welp, i managed to overload the little SFX 700W PSU in my main rig overclocking the 2080's.

sadly it shit the bed at 3AM, so i didn't find out untill this morning. that's gonna drop me some places in the list.

insert imaginary "SAD" button here

14 hours ago, marknd59 said:

I got both of mine unstuck. 1 only took me about 10 mins. the other i had to mess about for nearly 2 hours to get unstuck.

How does one go about un-sticking sending a unit?

I'm having issues sending to 140.163.4.231 on two different internet connections.

33 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

sadly it shit the bed at 3AM, so i didn't find out untill this morning. that's gonna drop me some places in the list. :(

welp.PNG.d90817e06f2649360beae22b0ac82a54.PNG

Seems we won't find out until tomorrow

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

19 minutes ago, d0ks said:

How does one go about un-sticking sending a unit?

I'm having issues sending to 140.163.4.231 on two different internet connections.

The only way I know to do it is in Client Advanced Control click Pause then Fold. This should cause a new upload attemp and reset the upload attemp timer. Other more exeriened folders may have a better way.

12 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

The only way I know to do it is in Client Advanced Control click Pause then Fold. This should cause a new upload attemp and reset the upload attemp timer. Other more exeriened folders may have a better way.

After more digging around on google, i found out that this particular working server is also the collection server and it's notorious for having issues.

My advice would be to drop the WU if you get it.

WU.jpg

17 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

don't dump WU's.

What i mean is, if the server's bad, and it won't collect the data at all, it will expire anyway.

My reasoning was that it's a waste of computing power if this particular server has issues, not the project WU per se.

Or in other words, if you're a bit more competitive, avoid this server for a while.

Edited by d0ks
addendum

10 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

don't dump WU's.

while I agree with you, the client may dump these WU's itself after failing to send results for too long anyway. This hasn't happened to me much outside of a handful of times during the crazy busy folding event last year so you're better off just letting it ride. While we may be slightly competitive it's in the spirit of encouraging more folding not cut throat tactics that throw the WU assignment system into disarray

15 hours ago, Collin_S said:

Though you would think people who set up what team they contribute to would also have set up their passkey and username

Some people do not like publicity.

12 minutes ago, d0ks said:

What i mean is, if the server's bad, and it won't collect the data at all, it will expire anyway.

My reasoning was that it's a waste of computing power if this particular server has issues, not the project WU per se.

It won't expire, server cannot "be bad", it just happens from time to time, they get stuck or full with data, it will collect the WU when it's ready, there is nothing you could do, and dumping WU is the worst thing you can do as someone else then has to fold it all over again and you get 

11 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

while I agree with you, the client may dump these WU's itself after failing to send results for too long anyway. This hasn't happened to me much outside of a handful of times during the crazy busy folding event last year so you're better off just letting it ride. While we may be slightly competitive it's in the spirit of encouraging more folding not cut throat tactics that throw the WU assignment system into disarray

As I said above, this is not advised nor smart thing to do.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Well...

Something's definitely up with the collection servers.

sni.thumb.jpg.cd1e556618b7281ba28527d33e6fe9a2.jpg

3 minutes ago, d0ks said:

Well...

is this your first folding event?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

is this your first folding event?

yep

Just now, d0ks said:

yep

Ahh, makes sense, server issues are ALWAYS a part of the larger folding events, we have learned to live with such a thing 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Nice

Screenshot_20201017-073437.png

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Oh, and as I've just seen the leaderboard, it would seem that I have passed you @marknd59

23 minutes ago, d0ks said:

Well...

Issue solved by reinstalling folding client.

20 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Ahh, makes sense, server issues are ALWAYS a part of the larger folding events, we have learned to live with such a thing 

4iu71o.jpg.1383220533cb9826564eca1eeade22e6.jpg

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database.