New headphones - upgrading from G4me Zero

gedefims

Hi LTT's!
Currently using a 2014/15 Sennheiser G4me Zero (closed back) headset.

Looking to upgrade this to something more HI-FI-ish headphones and some external mic.
Bascially looking for upgrade suggestions, usage is music/gaming (50/50).

Considering I dont really have any preferences (that I know of yet) and music taste ranges all over the different genres, country, rock, electronic, pop etc.I'm quite unsure what to take a look at.
It'll obviously be for desktop use, so an amplifier might be needed (or a dac?)
-Soft budget of ~300€ (~352$)
-Purchasable in Europe (Denmark)

-Budget must include amp if preferred, but not dac or mic.

Already been looking at the different Beyerdynamics 770, 880, 990's etc, but not having listened, kind of being a blind buy, I figured I'd get suggestions first :)

As stated its around 50/50 usage - but they'll be used as an allrounder for both. Im thinking music, since I dont do any FPS gaming where footsteps etc is needed.

9 minutes ago, gedefims said:

As stated its around 50/50 usage - but they'll be used as an allrounder for both. Im thinking music, since I dont do any FPS gaming where footsteps etc is needed.

ifi zen dac/amp combo with DT 990 pro and a modmic uni or something similar.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wired

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

DT770s are cool for gaming. Nice strong bass and the soundstage is pretty decent for what it is. I’ve been using mine very often for like 2 years and they’re still like new. Beyerdynamic Pro line is built to last. 

I demoed the open-back G4me headphones when I was looking at options and I really don’t know if you’d be satisfied with the change. DT770 is good, but imo not the big jump you’d want from an expensive upgrade. 

I’d really recommend trying to demo some headphones (dunno how that works with Covid). Beyerdynamic has a ‘house sound’ with a treble spike which gets to some people. Rather go to some trouble to demo than to buy something and be disappointed. 

That's an F in the profile pic