Frequent bsods im out of ideas!

zdemigod
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
1 hour ago, zdemigod said:

How long should I run this before I report back? Lets say in case I dont get bsods for a week what would this mean for me? bad mobo? bad ram? 

bad mobo most likely

I have received in the last week at least 2 or 3 bsods daily while I'm on chrome or gaming or literally doing nothing. This is the list of the most recent ones:

• Memory managment (very frequent)
  • dxgmms2.sys system thread not handled
  • Service Exception/Page Fault in Nonpaged Area
  • Attempted write to readonly memory
  • page fault in nonpaged area

PC specs:

• Windows 10 Full version x64
  • Age of system (hardware): less than a year for mobo, ram and cpu, 5 or so years for the rest
  • Age of OS installation: a week
  • CPU model: Ryzen R5 3600
  • Video Card model: Nvidia GTX 1080 msi armor oc
  • MotherBoard: asus tuf gaming x570 PLUS (WI-FI)
  • Power Supply: EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600

Other data:

• Bios is updated
  • Drivers are updated
  • Ran memtest86 no issues
  • DOCP is off
  • My ram is nowhere full at any time that I'm aware off. 
  • I have absolutely nothing overclocked from my side

Updated SysnativeFileCollection file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mu6u9xivc2c1tdn/SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip/file

Updated run of the resource monitorhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/h8cyi99eh2sxtdt/DESKTOP-3N473KT_20200823-000003.7z/file

Minidumps of some Bsods: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b5xzug1drthip4n/bsod_dumps.7z/file

Sfc scannow results:

288043655_sfcscannowresults.png.9837609e6311093a8a0c98cd74a3d6da.png

Memtest86 results:

spacer.pngmemtest3.thumb.jpg.7960e427587c69788ea1cd253b49cd30.jpgmemtest1.thumb.jpg.ba5b86bb1698f38d13edf79148edff58.jpgmemtest4.thumb.jpg.44842a5ddb28d7cc8741493ff5cf8d0a.jpgmemtest2.thumb.jpg.5a0707028ec3246a2ec2909a21d79af5.jpg

Up to date windows:

1179102085_uptodatewindows.png.e8b5890f14b02688b0252dba6ab62166.png

Bios screenshot, DOCP off

57734039_biosscreenshotdocpoff.jpg.83b51cfa613751a37929ec1b748ab6ce.jpg

I don't know what else to run, what else to do. if its faulty RAM then why do I get no errors from memtest. I can buy new RAM but I don't want to unless its necessary.I would hate it if I buy new ram and it just keeps happening. What should I do to stop this?, its affecting my work and my private time and I legit have ran out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated

25 minutes ago, zdemigod said:

Any help would be appreciated

Run 1 stick of RAM in the proper slot, see what happens (general daily use)

Report back

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I had a similar issue on my old laptop. New RAM fixed the problem.

Otherwise I would make sure your boot drive is connected to SATA port 0 and your BIOS is up to date. Sometimes an old BIOS won't play nice with boot drives on SATA ports other than 0.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Run 1 stick of RAM in the proper slot, see what happens (general daily use)

Report back

How long should I run this before I report back? Lets say in case I dont get bsods for a week what would this mean for me? bad mobo? bad ram? 

bad mobo most likely

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

57 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

bad mobo most likely

Thanks for info. Ill report back in a week to see if its fixed. man that sucks this mobo is new but I cant really RMA cuz im not in the US. as its a x570 board i planned it to last a while 

Thanks for info. Ill report back in a week to see if its fixed. man that sucks this mobo is new but I cant really RMA cuz im not in the US. as its a x570 board i planned it to last a while 

We shall see, part of the fun of troubleshooting is pinpointing where the issue lies.

The mob could simply not like the RAM you bought, this happens as well

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

We shall see, part of the fun of troubleshooting is pinpointing where the issue lies.

The mob could simply not like the RAM you bought, this happens as well

I have an old set of slower ram that never gave me problem I will put in after a week of 1 ram stick to see if its that second slot that its causing this. hopefully its the ram its cheaper to replace 16gb of ram than a 200 usd mobo 

Hello, its been around a week and switching to one ram stick certainly helped, the memory mangement BSoDs almost completely dissapeared. however yesterday and today i still got one BSOD while on a slack call called:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL . Would you know anything about this @Radium_Angel

3 minutes ago, zdemigod said:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If my memory serves when I've seen that, it's effectively an "out of memory" error. Once, I wouldn't worry about it, more than once, then our problem still persists.

27 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If my memory serves when I've seen that, it's effectively an "out of memory" error. Once, I wouldn't worry about it, more than once, then our problem still persists.

I can see that my pc is running at stable 6/8 gb of ram with just chrome and other stuff like slack running. So I guess with 8 GB i am running out of RAM... 

Guess changing my mobo is my only choice if 8 is not enough and 16 is just giving me a lot of issues.

5 minutes ago, zdemigod said:

I can see that my pc is running at stable 6/8 gb of ram with just chrome and other stuff like slack running. So I guess with 8 GB i am running out of RAM... 

Guess changing my mobo is my only choice if 8 is not enough and 16 is just giving me a lot of issues.

You said you had a slower set of RAM that didn't give you any issues, is that what you are using currently?

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You said you had a slower set of RAM that didn't give you any issues, is that what you are using currently?

No im just using 1 stick of the newer one. but after running memstest my guess is that the ram is not the issue. I guess i should run it with 16 gb of the older one first before i jump into conclusions.

5 hours ago, zdemigod said:

No im just using 1 stick of the newer one. but after running memstest my guess is that the ram is not the issue. I guess i should run it with 16 gb of the older one first before i jump into conclusions.

Yes, the difference in speed is only a few FPS in video games, and I'll gladly trade that for a solid system any day