Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We all know about the rtx 3000 coming after 4 days . But will the old gpu prices goes down ? Not the super old ones like ( 1660 , 1650 super , 1660 ti ) these gpu . Because I want to build a pc but I don't know if the prices will drop so I can save some money  to upgrade other parts .

Maybe? The used market for sure which is great because you can really do some nice deals on there then. But new prices tend to not go down if at all.

Maybe, but they don't drop day 1. Esp since everything will be sold out for a while upon release.

Just now, jaslion said:

Maybe? The used market for sure which is great because you can really do some nice deals on there then. But new prices tend to not go down if at all.

Seriously????

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Maybe, but they don't drop day 1. Esp since everything will be sold out for a while upon release.

So what can I do ? Should I buy now any way ?

10 hours ago, the cool guy X_X said:

But will the old gpu prices goes down ?

We don't or can know.

10 hours ago, the cool guy X_X said:

Should I buy now any way ?

lower end hardware like the 16 series tends to be released later down the line, so you'll probably have to wait a bit longer for them.

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

Just now, the cool guy X_X said:

So what can I do ? Should I buy now any way ?

If you literally cannot wait 4 days to see what happens and need it right this second, sure. Otherwise, just wait and see.

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

We don't or can know.

Nice farming.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

If you literally cannot wait 4 days to see what happens and need it right this second, sure. Otherwise, just wait and see.

No , but the delivery takes to much time here in middle east like 10 to 15 days so .....

Just now, the cool guy X_X said:

No , but the delivery takes to much time here in middle east like 10 to 15 days so .....

Well there is always the scenario where someone finds out the pricing of RTX 3000 and is desperate to have it, so they dump their old GPU for cheap. Absolutely no one can guarantee that outcome, but you never know. So if this isn't urgent, wait. If you are absolutely dead set on getting something within the next couple weeks... don't wait.

Not really much more anyone else can do or say since we're not you.

3 hours ago, the cool guy X_X said:

the higher end cards are coming out first so it's unlikely that the entry level prices will drop yet, if at all (just look at rx 570), it's mainly the 2060S- 2080ti that might drop if there's inventory left.

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 185w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5450 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-32-280-24 ddr3733  bdie 1.49v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 325w 69C stock voltage (bad ocer) ll  8x nf12/14 fans 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 1080p 60hzll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98 fan is dying)

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3866 cl16 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

historically it won't go down much , and it will slowly fade out . On the second hand market yes , but the 2000series i doubt . And the price drops won't come instantly anyhow ..... we might have to wait 1-2 months for prices to drop . Right now wait it out , it all depends on what the new gpus have to offer . Also keep in mind you will likely not get your new gpu till october , and if it's a huge success we're gonna have problems with the stocks as usual (for maybe 3 months? ). Seems like a holyday card imo... , but i'll try to get it as fast as i can if the numbers are good (the 3080)

I hATE sIGNATURES  ;)