Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Worlds First 360Hz Monitor Detailed & Launching in September 2020

48 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m thinking of an LTT video I watched talking about manufacturing.  making a monitor requires a factory.  Apparently the deal was the factories got retooled to make nanosomething panels.  No factory, no more monitors. 

There's still research done for the tech, as well to get price lower to consumer level. To build factories for mass scale too. Many companies work on it, really everyone.

Maybe we will see first consumer displays 1-2y we'll see. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroLED

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

5 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

There's still research done for the tech, as well to get price lower to consumer level. To build factories for mass scale too. Many companies work on it, really everyone.

Maybe we will see first consumer displays 1-2y we'll see. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroLED

I would very much like to see microLED myself. It has a lot of longevity potential along with better potential display quality.  According to that video, or at least my memory of it, Neither Samsung nor lg are working on it anymore apparently and afaik they’re the only companies that do monitor research.  All the other ones just copy what they make.  I’d love to be wrong about that.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I would very much like to see microLED myself. It has a lot of longevity potential along with better potential display quality.  According to that video, or at least my memory of it, Neither Samsung nor lg are working on it anymore apparently and afaik they’re the only companies that do monitor research.  All the other ones just copy what they make.  I’d love to be wrong about that.

It's supposed to be better than OLED in every way. Also Sony had their own. Also AU Optronics and TCL too, even Apple working on it too. So it's kinda a global research for it as we can know with current info. On Wiki it says over 130 companies are working on R&D for it. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

17 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

It's supposed to be better than OLED in every way. Also Sony had their own. Also AU Optronics and TCL too, even Apple working on it too. So it's kinda a global research for it as we can know with current info. On Wiki it says over 130 companies are working on R&D for it. 

Sony doesn’t make monitors anymore.  Apple never made monitors, they bought them from Sony. I don’t know what AU Optronics or TCL are.  I hope they have more than Sony and Apple do. 

as far as wiki goes I direct you to the thread about the American teenager who filled up the Scotland Wikipedia page with apparently stuff pulled directly from his butt for multiple years.  It may be correct, it may have once been correct but isn’t any more, it may have never been correct. It may be more correct than the LTT video. I don’t know.  My point is it seems like you don’t either.  I suggest finding some primary sources.  Wikipeadia isn’t one. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

when my monitor dies im gonna have some great monitors to pick from. Lol

It just keeps working tho. darn thing wont break.

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

when my monitor dies im gonna have some great monitors to pick from. Lol

It just keeps working tho. darn thing wont break.

I had a monitor from 2013 get killed by an OS update.  Thing still works fine but nothing will play nice with it.  Pisses me off.  The thing was(is?) 30” 2540x1600@144hz.  It’s predecessor still works fine though. I’m using it now. 

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Sony doesn’t make monitors anymore.  Apple never made monitors, they bought them from Sony. I don’t know what AU Optronics or TCL are.  I hope they have more than Sony and Apple do. 

as far as wiki goes I direct you to the thread about the American teenager who filled up the Scotland Wikipedia page with apparently stuff pulled directly from his butt for multiple years.  It may be correct, it may have once been correct but isn’t any more, it may have never been correct. It may be more correct than the LTT video. I don’t know.  My point is it seems like you don’t either.  I suggest finding some primary sources.  Wikipeadia isn’t one. 

I meant working on display tech in general. Not monitors. Other companies buy panels from them for their branded monitors. Things will need to trickle down to monitors sadly that takes time because TVs are the focus primarily and phones. So AU Optronics creates a lot of displays, like some of the fastest panels though. And TCL is more TV sided though.

Hahaha yeah I've seen that Wiki thing. Not saying Wiki is the primary and the only go to source for sure. But yeah, what I've seen and heard about MicroLED was for the most part demoed and talked about from other outlets, so I've seen that on Wiki too so, just linked for some info I guess.

Can't wait to move away from LCD it's just bad. 

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I was given to understand that microLED died.  It may not be done at all or something. 

MicroLED is coming but is around 3-5 years off yet. 

Apple has also invested hugely into it for their products but will use MiniLED first, as will ASUS and other companies. 

But companies are developing it. 

It will be a nice luxury for people that can afford to have their games running at 300+fps at decent settings. With my setup i would need to set my games to 480p low settings to hit that fps. Still cool to see technology advancing tho. I wonder when they will stop increasing refresh rate? Maybe around 600fps?

On 8/26/2020 at 2:44 PM, Escanor said:

Im still waiting for 1440p 240hz gsync panel or gsync compatible panel

lenovo made one already, and i know a lot of other ones exist aswell.

i'm using a 1440p 240Hz monitor with a G-Sync Module installed inside the monitor

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.