Should I wait to build a pc

1 minute ago, Apple50000 said:

I heard there going to be releasing a new cpu?

it's likely that new processors will be announced soon.

2 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

Whats a good cpu a 3900x or 10700k?

they're both good but you can save money if this is a pure gaming PC and get a Ryzen 5 3600.

2 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

And should I wait on getting a gpu I want to get either a 5700 xt or 2070 super?

also new GPUs are rumored to be announced soon.

I suggest following the tech news this week, HWUnboxed and Gamers Nexus will be covering whatever is released.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you don't need a PC right now, I would wait. New CPU's and GPU's are coming before the end of the year. Either the new parts will be excellent, and you'll spend better money there, and/or the existing parts might get cheaper.

What you want to buy depends on what you want to do with your PC, as well as your budget. We won't know what the best is for your budget until the new parts come out.

What you want to do = only gaming? Gaming and other stuff sometimes? Rendering and 3D work? Workstation stuff? Streaming and gaming? Video editing? Photoshop/photo work? etc.

If you can wait, I would wait, and see what reviewers have to say about the new parts.

Otherwise, we need a budget and what you want to do in order to answer your question.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

yes hold off until 3rd gen rtx and see what it gives

If you want to handle work loads and game the 3900x is better but I would go for the 3900xt and I you want almost pure gaming then then go for the 9900k because they are identical and the 9900k is cheaper 

also Can you tell me what games you play. if budget  the 5700xt but if fps games then 2070 super or 3rd gen but I suggest the latter

I play call of duty, apex, and rainbow six. Should I order parts and have it ready for when the new cpu and gpu release?

1 minute ago, Apple50000 said:

I play call of duty, apex, and rainbow six. Should I order parts and have it ready for when the new cpu and gpu release?

and do you do workloads/content? and no wait if you can and order when the price is lowest because it does change a lot

so the 10700k(409.99) and the 3900x(439.99) are quite similar in price right now on newegg.com the 10700k outbeats the 3900x in most games by about 5-10% fps but the 3900x destroys the 10700k in multi tasked loads i never paid attention to how much but i would assume somewhere around 20% faster at multi tasked loads such as streaming or video editing. amd allows gen 4 pcie but most people dont fully use the speed of pcie gen 3. as for new hardware yea nvidia is releasing new hardware soon but they usually start with things like the 2080ti and 2080 (3080ti and 3080) first then months later release the lower end cards so it depends on how long you want to wait. same with amd cpu the 4000 series is coming but they usually release the high end first then months later release lower/mid range cpu. also just remember there will always be new parts coming just around the corner. by the time this round is released intel will be releasing a new cpu and maybe even a gpu. 

I already ordered a few things for a new pc like a case, a noctua cooler, and a 500gb nvme, and I wanted to order ram and a psu just to have it ready for when the new hardware comes out and cause I also heard of the low stock of psu but I am not sure if the psu I am interested in is a good deal? And should I return and of the things I have already ordered to maybe wait if better hardware were to release? 

nvme -

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-wd_black-sn750-nvme-500gb-internal-pci-express-3-0-x4-solid-state-drive-for-laptops-desktops/6338994.p?skuId=6338994&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=1189&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn4mg1da36wIVdBh9Ch1-AAxdEAYYASABEgIErPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

psu -

https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-Semi-Modular-Systems-Warranty-Application/dp/B084TSBB2R/ref=sr_1_75?dchild=1&keywords=Computer%2BPower%2BSupplies%2B1000w&qid=1598291302&s=pc&sr=1-75&th=1

27 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

yes it is and good for upgrades

19 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

I already ordered a few things for a new pc like a case, a noctua cooler, and a 500gb nvme, and I wanted to order ram and a psu just to have it ready for when the new hardware comes out and cause I also heard of the low stock of psu but I am not sure if the psu I am interested in is a good deal? And should I return and of the things I have already ordered to maybe wait if better hardware were to release? 

nvme -

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-wd_black-sn750-nvme-500gb-internal-pci-express-3-0-x4-solid-state-drive-for-laptops-desktops/6338994.p?skuId=6338994&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=1189&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn4mg1da36wIVdBh9Ch1-AAxdEAYYASABEgIErPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

psu -

https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-Semi-Modular-Systems-Warranty-Application/dp/B084TSBB2R/ref=sr_1_75?dchild=1&keywords=Computer%2BPower%2BSupplies%2B1000w&qid=1598291302&s=pc&sr=1-75&th=1

yea they are good

17 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

nvme -

psu -

one issue of ordering hardware ahead of time is some people cant test the product to see if it works. cause if you just leave it in the box for 3-6 months for new releases etc then you would be out of the return guarantee. you would still have warranty but thats always a hassle to deal with compared to just returning it to store. i cant see pricing in us store as it sets my location to canada automatically because i have location turned on. so it shows canadian pricing. 

2 minutes ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

one issue of ordering hardware ahead of time is some people cant test the product to see if it works. cause if you just leave it in the box for 3-6 months for new releases etc then you would be out of the return guarantee. you would still have warranty but thats always a hassle to deal with compared to just returning it to store. i cant see pricing in us store as it sets my location to canada automatically because i have location turned on. so it shows canadian pricing. 

Understandable, is the nvme and psu a good deal?

Just now, Apple50000 said:

Understandable, is the nvme and psu a good deal?

Sorry amazon and bestbuy pricing is different for me even if I use the USA website version so I can’t say if it’s a good deal or not

2 minutes ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

Sorry amazon and bestbuy pricing is different for me even if I use the USA website version so I can’t say if it’s a good deal or not

Thats fine, would you know if the new amd cpu would use the same amd motherboards out now or use a new type of motherboards when the new hardware releases? 

7 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

Thats fine, would you know if the new amd cpu would use the same amd motherboards out now or use a new type of motherboards when the new hardware releases? 

Amd has said they plan on keeping with the am4 slot for multiple generations so I suspect it to be the same socket. Older motherboards might just need a bios update to support the new cpus

1 minute ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

Amd has said they plan on keeping with the am4 slot for multiple generations so I suspect it to be the same socket. Older motherboards might just need a bios update to support the new cpus

Sorry I am new to pc stuff, what is PCIe 4.0 is that on the motherboard or is that a cpu feature, and if its on the motherboard what motherboards have it

9 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

Sorry I am new to pc stuff, what is PCIe 4.0 is that on the motherboard or is that a cpu feature, and if its on the motherboard what motherboards have it

pcie 4.0 is where your graphics card goes. nvme m.2 drives may also use it as well if it supports gen 4. basically it means more bandwidth.(most people dont use the full bandwidth of pcie 3.0) i dont know of any gen 4 gpu cards yet or any that are in the works to be released. there are plenty of gen 4 nvme drives. 

from what cpus have it the latest amd does and im sure the amd 4000 will as well. as for motherboard im not sure ive seen x570 motherboards to have it not sure what else as i dont follow amd to much over all

1 minute ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

pcie 4.0 is where your graphics card goes. nvme m.2 drives may also use it as well if it supports gen 4. basically it means more bandwidth.(most people dont use the full bandwidth of pcie 3.0) i dont know of any gen 4 gpu cards yet or any that are in the works to be released. there are plenty of gen 4 nvme drives. 

from what cpus have it the latest amd does and im sure the amd 4000 will as well. as for motherboard im not sure ive seen x570 motherboards to have it not sure what else as i dont follow amd to much over all

Would it be a good choice to pick amd over intel for future upgradability I here that for intel you would need to change motherboards for new generations of cpu?

7 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

Would it be a good choice to pick amd over intel for future upgradability I here that for intel you would need to change motherboards for new generations of cpu?

intel just released the lga1200 socket and they usually keep sockets for 2-4 different releases so i expect this socket to be around for awhile longer. 

amd has been on the am4 socket for awhile now but has said they will continue to support new chips on old boards, no one knows how long they will continue to do this for. 

i personally go for intel based systems due to stability issues with amd based systems 

for comparisons between brands view these 2 recent videos 

4 minutes ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

intel just released the lga1200 socket and they usually keep sockets for 2-4 different releases so i expect this socket to be around for awhile longer. 

amd has been on the am4 socket for awhile now but has said they will continue to support new chips on old boards, no one knows how long they will continue to do this for. 

i personally go for intel based systems due to stability issues with amd based systems 

Last question I currently have a hp omen pc and I am not to happy with it as it runs hot and loud I tried putting a new cooler on it and the case was to small to fit the cooler (noctua nh u12s) and the case cant hold many fans, I cant return it as I got it a couple months ago at best buy, what would be a good way of selling the pc do I sell it together or take it apart and sell the parts separate? And What would be a good price if I were to sell it together? 

This is the pc -

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-gaming-intel-core-i7-9700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-ssd-shadow-black/6349466.p?skuId=6349466

3 minutes ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

AMD and Intel are both going to have another generation on the same board, Intel have been doing 2 generations per chipset for quite some time, it's hard to think they would change now, after that both are probably going to release new boards to support DDR5.

What stability issues? There have been issues with Zen 2 CPUs not being able to reach the advertised clockspeed close to the launch, but that was fixed and there wasn't any common issues regarding stability with Zen 2 as far as I remember. Isolated cases of people having issues happens regardless of the CPU brand.

3 minutes ago, Apple50000 said:

Last question I currently have a hp omen pc and I am not to happy with it as it runs hot and loud I tried putting a new cooler on it and the case was to small to fit the cooler (noctua nh u12s) and the case cant hold many fans, I cant return it as I got it a couple months ago at best buy, what would be a good way of selling the pc do I sell it together or take it apart and sell the parts separate? And What would be a good price if I were to sell it together? 

This is the pc -

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-gaming-intel-core-i7-9700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-ssd-shadow-black/6349466.p?skuId=6349466

price could sway either way. my opinion is stick with the 9700 as there is only about a 15% increase in performance from the 9700 to the 10700k, get a new case that allows for better cooling. keep that noctua cooler as that will be perfect for a 9700 and upgrade the gpu saving you plenty of money. just make sure you have a good enough psu. check your ram see how fast it is, see if theres 2 sticks not just one and make sure they are in dual channel mode. if not in dual channel mode or is slow ram consider upgrading if motherboard allows xmp profiling. 

6 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

AMD and Intel are both going to have another generation on the same board, Intel have been doing 2 generations per chipset for quite some time, it's hard to think they would change now, after that both are probably going to release new boards to support DDR5.

What stability issues? There have been issues with Zen 2 CPUs not being able to reach the advertised clockspeed close to the launch, but that was fixed and there wasn't any common issues regarding stability with Zen 2 as far as I remember. Isolated cases of people having issues happens regardless of the CPU brand.

stability issues in regards to bios updates constantly being released alot of which dont work that leave customers frequently troubleshooting their pc. yes amd has come along way in regards to this but it is still a issue. i still see many board partners releasing stability improvements for amd cpu every 4-6 weeks and having people call me constantly that their pc wont boot because it did a bios update.  not to mention ram compability issues while it is rare now it still does happen once in awhile. i build about 10-15 pc's a week and about 1 in 10 pc have ram compability issues when it comes to amd 

4 minutes ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

price could sway either way. my opinion is stick with the 9700 as there is only about a 15% increase in performance from the 9700 to the 10700k, get a new case that allows for better cooling. keep that noctua cooler as that will be perfect for a 9700 and upgrade the gpu saving you plenty of money. just make sure you have a good enough psu. check your ram see how fast it is, see if theres 2 sticks not just one and make sure they are in dual channel mode. if not in dual channel mode or is slow ram consider upgrading if motherboard allows xmp profiling. 

Nice you're right I'll stick with the 9700, Thanks Tucker for all your help and answering all my questions thats all I needed help with thanks again and enjoy the rest of your day.