High tech method of transferring movies to iPad

Hi

I have a Windows laptop and iPad and transfer movies like Apple wants me to using a USB cable and iTunes. How do I run a server on a spare laptop and connect to it with my iPad and watch the movies by streaming the files from the server?

You can use the app called Infuse. It can access files on your PC. It even has Plex integration.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

try using VLC app on ipad , u can upload movies from the computer to the app (P.S dont know if it is still there)

If you already have movies in itunes, you just use Home Sharing to stream from the computer to the ipad

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

2 hours ago, microsoftsam said:

Hi

I have a Windows laptop and iPad and transfer movies like Apple wants me to using a USB cable and iTunes. How do I run a server on a spare laptop and connect to it with my iPad and watch the movies by streaming the files from the server?

Plex would be a good choice. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.