idle temps for 3900x too hot?

Hello,

Im noticing my idle temp jump alot while idle they go from 40 to has high as 52 and they never sit still is this a problem? I saw a video with Jaystwocents but my bios doesnt look like his. What is Cpu Core and Soc Current Telemetry? I offset my VDDCR CPU Voltage was that correct one? I still see my voltage pretty high. Am i supposed to offset Cpu Core and Soc Current Telemetry by .1 as well? 

Ryzen 9 3900x

Asus Rog Strix x570i

spacer.png

Annotation 2020-08-24 051829.png

IMG_20200824_050321.jpg

no it's not a problem at all

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Normal temps and ryzen idle at high voltages and low current, get rid of that "undervolt" the video where Jay is talking about high idle temps due to high voltages is simply wrong. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Since when is 40C with spikes to 52C "too high"?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Since when is 40C with spikes to 52C "too high"?

During idle?

Just now, TrickEgo said:

During idle?

Yes, it's fine. The spikes you see sometimes are caused by background processes and Ryzen's aggressive boosting behaviour.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

10 hours ago, TrickEgo said:

During idle?

Yes, that's normal, either way idle temps dont matter, load temps do.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Yes, that's normal, either way idle temps dont matter, load temps do.

It was just confusing to me thanks. Im good under full load 72 to 75.

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Yes, it's fine. The spikes you see sometimes are caused by background processes and Ryzen's aggressive boosting behaviour.

I stared at my task manager and i have nothing in the background besides Trend anti virus but ok cool thanks alot. Much appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, TrickEgo said:

During idle?

Yep. Its a function of how the CPU handles boosting.

When idle the CPU will boost some of the cores to much higher than the others can reach in order to speed up low intensity high frequency tasks, while doing this it will use more voltage to keep those cores stable. This is normal.

What isn't normal however is 1.5v being applied to all cores on your CPU. Nevermind, turns out I can't read a simple table.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

What isn't normal however is 1.5v being applied to all cores on your CPU.

That's the VID in the screenshot OP attached, not the Vcore. Either way, 1.5V at idle won't damage it, and it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) constantly ask for 1.5V anyway even at idle, at least with the Balanced power plan in Windows.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

That's the VID in the screenshot OP attached, not the Vcore. Either way, 1.5V at idle won't damage it.

Ahh, fair enough. I'll edit it out.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yep. Its a function of how the CPU handles boosting.

When idle the CPU will boost some of the cores to much higher than the others can reach in order to speed up low intensity high frequency tasks, while doing this it will use more voltage to keep those cores stable. This is normal.

What isn't normal however is 1.5v being applied to all cores on your CPU. Nevermind, turns out I can't read a simple table.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

That's the VID in the screenshot OP attached, not the Vcore. Either way, 1.5V at idle won't damage it, and it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) constantly ask for 1.5V anyway even at idle, at least with the Balanced power plan in Windows.

By they way what is Cpu Core and Soc Current Telemetry? And should i offset it as well?