DAC/AMP For Sennheiser Game One?

TheSnipingViper

I'm considering buying the Sennheiser Game One headsets soon, I read that these headsets may need an AMP/DAC to fulfill their full potential. My motherboard is: MSI H97 PC MATE with Realtek ALC887 onboard.

Will you recommend me to buy an AMP/DAC?

Right now i thinking of getting the Syba Sonic AMP/DAC as it is fairly cheap and i really don't care that much that i want to spend a lot of money on an AMP/DAC, I just want to reach my headsets limits.

Thank you.

Get the Headset first

then plug it in, and test if the sound sucks. If you are content, you can just save yourself the money and hassle of picking out a DAC/AMP.

Ignore the esoteric bullshit about some limites. You are buying a 300-ish dollar headset? #

Does it get loud enough? (no means AMP needed)
Does it get loud enough but there is significant noise/static in the signal? (Yes means get a DAC or a combo of both since a standalone DAC is not enough to drive headphones.)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I have two of them.  I have used them plugged into PS4 Dual Shock controllers, plugged into a gaming laptop, and plugged into a 5 year old desktop with a nothing special motherboard.  Always sound great, never heard any noise/static, always been loud.  I have never owned an AMP/DAC so I can't say if they would sound better with it.

The Game One is pretty easy to drive.  Though you probably would still benefit from a dedicated amp.  How much would you want to spend? If plan to use other headphones later, my recommendation is to get something like a Magni 3+ and use the motherboard DAC if you're on a tight budget.