Weird noise from custom loop

Datenshi

Hi, i think it’s coming from the pump. It sounds like a spinning up and then a coil-ish sound. Pc is about 1,5years old and works perfectly fine otherwise. Temps are normal.

anyone an idea?

thx

12 minutes ago, Datenshi said:

Hi, i think it’s coming from the pump. It sounds like a spinning up and then a coil-ish sound. Pc is about 1,5years old and works perfectly fine otherwise. Temps are normal.

anyone an idea?

thx

IMG_7577.MOV

Watch latest GamersNexus video

I haven't watched the full video myself and cannot watch the video you posted but see if this is the problem

https://youtu.be/BbGomv195sk

13 hours ago, Jenko32 said:

Watch latest GamersNexus video

I haven't watched the full video myself and cannot watch the video you posted but see if this is the problem

https://youtu.be/BbGomv195sk

Hi, it’s a custom loop, not AIO. It’s a EKWB D5 pump & res combo. The noise became high pitch all the time instead of this blowing-ish sound. My RGB lamps also suddenly popped back on. Very strange.

28 minutes ago, Datenshi said:

Hi, it’s a custom loop, not AIO. It’s a EKWB D5 pump & res combo. The noise became high pitch all the time instead of this blowing-ish sound. My RGB lamps also suddenly popped back on. Very strange.

-Last time you did a fluid change?

-I've seen people on forums about coolants fluid (from pre-built manufacturers) clogging the CPU block

-Bubbles in the system? I suggest you to watch videos on how to try to eliminate them as I am not good at explaining

36 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

-Last time you did a fluid change?

-I've seen people on forums about coolants fluid (from pre-built manufacturers) clogging the CPU block

-Bubbles in the system? I suggest you to watch videos on how to try to eliminate them as I am not good at explaining

Hi, fluid change was about 3 months ago. It's just regular distilled water with anti algae. Previous cleanup i cleaned all blocks. There are some bubbles left yes, but i bled it plenty last time. Shouldn't be the issue. It's not my first custom loop build, but the first time this strange behaviour happens.

1 minute ago, Datenshi said:

Hi, fluid change was about 3 months ago. It's just regular distilled water with anti algae. Previous cleanup i cleaned all blocks. There are some bubbles left yes, but i bled it plenty last time. Shouldn't be the issue. It's not my first custom loop build, but the first time this strange behaviour happens.

Maybe instead of troubleshooting try to do everything again like dismount and mount it back to exclude problem from your part? If the problem is still present maybe the pump is half dead? RMA still possibile?

1 hour ago, Jenko32 said:

Maybe instead of troubleshooting try to do everything again like dismount and mount it back to exclude problem from your part? If the problem is still present maybe the pump is half dead? RMA still possibile?

Strangest thing when i boot it back up today it's as if nothing happened... RMA is still possible indeed, but now it works again as it should... Let's hope it never comes back. Still would be nice to know what it coulda been if someone has experience with this.