TN or IPS PANEL?

dfsgsfa

tn still suffer that much in view angle ?

will be using +/- 30 degree or less anyway sitting infront

is the diff neglegible now?

only had tried old tn (really bad) amd va with quite some ghosting, seeking for a 144hz only for non competitive gaming

If you can afford IPS, get an IPS panel. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

You make the decision

quite hard, i never tried a decent monitor, at the shop all type looks great in my eyes

Just now, Grumpy Old Man said:

a few days and return if you don't like 🙄

not every place can do this trick

a bit immoral to me

IPS if you ask me.
You can still have many FPS and low response times now that their tech have been improved but also consume content better than on a TN
TN panels that i ve used, were on old laptops, where i couldnt get a nice viewing angle no matter the distance, and for sure bad colours

Personally my priority would be

Hz>Resolution (1440p is sweet spot for me)>Panel type>extra stuff

That is based on overall use, but with lots of gaming, so depending on what you need it for, advice can differ. IPS is great now a days and often can pull high hz and no ghosting etc.. I have up to 165hz (and 144 without oc) on mine and that is a 1440p, it is also 4ms (not that gtg matters that much, often they market differently anyway). Albeit be mindful about IPS if you use your monitor in a dark room, then you will need to either adapt or have a little light source, atleast in my opinion, there is also a gamble sometimes, you might get BB or Glow, but all in all.. I prefer IPS as well.

11 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

only had tried old tn (really bad) amd va with quite some ghosting, seeking for a 144hz only for non competitive gaming

Only TN panel I ever had was on an old laptop. I will never use TN again. I found the color shift too distracting. IPS is the only way to go in my mind. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

16 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

not every place can do this trick

a bit immoral to me

Buy it on Amazon, and just be honest on the return.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Depends on your budget tbh. If you're going to be exclusively gaming, there's no reason to not go with TN except for HDR content. If your budget isn't high enough for HDR stuff anyways, it really doesn't matter. Just go with the TN. 

HOWEVER

If you will be consuming content on your monitor or will ever have to create content, I would strongly recommend you to go with an IPS. Even some budget IPS panels are pretty good at this point. Another thing to add is that with an IPS panel, you will have way more flexibility in the future on how you use it. 

BUT

If you have an essentially limitless budget, go with a high quality HDR monitor with high refresh rate support. 

Just now, Elvara said:

Wouldn't a VA monitor be better than TN if you can't afford an IPS?

Yeah, but OP asked for TN vs IPS and I was just responding to that. Good point to be brought up though. 

7 hours ago, pewnit said:

Yeah, but OP asked for TN vs IPS and I was just responding to that. Good point to be brought up though. 

7 hours ago, Elvara said:

Wouldn't a VA monitor be better than TN if

notice the va panel i am using have quite some ghosting, 

wanna see if mordern tn could better than va or not

15 hours ago, pewnit said:

Depends on your budget tbh. If you're going to be exclusively gaming, there's no reason to not go with TN except for HDR content. If your budget isn't high enough for HDR stuff anyways, it really doesn't matter. Just go with the TN. 

HOWEVER

If you will be consuming content on your monitor or will ever have to create content, I would strongly recommend you to go with an IPS. Even some budget IPS panels are pretty good at this point. Another thing to add is that with an IPS panel, you will have way more flexibility in the future on how you use it. 

BUT

If you have an essentially limitless budget, go with a high quality HDR monitor with high refresh rate support. 

8 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

notice the va panel i am using have quite some ghosting, 

wanna see if mordern tn could better than va or not

Go with my first reply then

On 8/22/2020 at 6:46 AM, dfsgsfa said:

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I have some cheap IPS 60hz and a TN 144hz. For viewing angles and color, definitely IPS. The TN is okay with side to side, but it rapidly color shifts up and down to the point where if I slouch a bit or sit up straight I can see a difference. Generally doesn't ruin the image, but if I had the option I'd go with IPS. Haven't tried VA. Or even a good TN panel really.

#Muricaparrotgang