Is my psu adequate?

Missile-striker
Go to solution Solved by Kisai,
10 minutes ago, Missile-striker said:

I have an old cell optiplex 7010 with a 275 watt PSU.  I was thinking about purchasing a GTX 770 for it I was wondering if the PSU would be up to it.  It has an Intel core I3-3220, 8gb dual channel ram, and a 240 GB data ssd.

I wouldn't recommend it. You'd be better off trying to find a previously owned chassis with a larger PSU and a motherboard and just move the parts into it to put in a better GPU, but then again you can probably find a 6th gen intel system pretty cheap or even free.

I have an old cell optiplex 7010 with a 275 watt PSU.  I was thinking about purchasing a GTX 770 for it I was wondering if the PSU would be up to it.  It has an Intel core I3-3220, 8gb dual channel ram, and a 240 GB data ssd.

10 minutes ago, Missile-striker said:

I wouldn't recommend it. You'd be better off trying to find a previously owned chassis with a larger PSU and a motherboard and just move the parts into it to put in a better GPU, but then again you can probably find a 6th gen intel system pretty cheap or even free.

12 minutes ago, Kisai said:

What about a GTX 970?

35 minutes ago, Missile-striker said:

You should get a 1650

2 minutes ago, Noob872 said:

You should get a 1650

A 1650 is a tad out of my budget, but that would be ideal.