Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PSU non modular

Hello everyone,

I built a new pc for casual gaming , I wont overclock anything and wont do crazy stuff with the pc , its just casual use.

built url

I need a non modular PSU , its needs to be good because I cant afford any of my specs to get toasted .

Do  I need a gold one or bronze is enough with non overclock ?

1 minute ago, yMaths said:

I need a non modular PSU , its needs to be good because I cant afford any of my specs to get toasted .

Why non-modular? Just curious, as many of the higher quality units are modular after all.

Do  I need a gold one or bronze is enough with non overclock ?

Gold or Bronze is not an indication of quality. Having said that, a good 550W+ would work fine.

You would want something form Tier B or Tier A.

A Be Quiet Pure Power 11 would for example work.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Just now, minibois said:

Why non-modular? Just curious, as many of the higher quality units are modular after all.

Gold or Bronze is not an indication of quality. Having said that, a good 550W+ would work fine.

You would want something form Tier B or Tier A.

A Be Quiet Pure Power 11 would for example work.

My country doesnt has anything from Be Quiet , about the non modular topic , I am under a budget and I need to cut some money off , considering my case has that «box» below to hide some cables and I dont care a lot about looks but performance  ,yeah non modular is the best.

Whats the big difference between both of them , the gold and bronze , and which one should I pick.

Why non-modular?

Edited by Mateyyy
late

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

effeminacy is not quality.  

but why do you "need" a non modular exactly? 

but to give some options (modular and semi and non modular): 

pure power 11 500w.

straight power 11 550w.

tx550m.

rm550x.

focus gm 550w.

ion+ 560w.

AMP 550w.

bit Fenix formula gold 550w.

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

What are the specs of your PC?

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 4.0 | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3 | EVGA BR/BT? no. noooo. | buy (almost) anything except focus

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team Vulcan DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra | NZXT H510 | GIGABYTE G750H PSU | MasterLiquid ML240L

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-4720HQ (Bought from LMG, signed by Dennis | GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PV | 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1866 | Intel "UrFPSGon" HD 4600 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Spare Laptop (HP Elitebook 850 G2) / Gaming Laptop (Legion Y7000)

Spoiler

Elitebook: i7 5500U | 8GB DDR3L-1333 | 500GB SAMSUNG 860 Evo | AMD R7 M260 (I found this in a garbage bin at the airport)

Legion: i5 8300H | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 1050 Ti | Power Brick

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

effeminacy is not quality.  

but why do you "need" a non modular exactly? 

but to give some options (modular and semi and non modular): 

pure power 11 500w.

straight power 11 550w.

tx550m.

rm550x.

focus gm 550w.

ion+ 560w.

AMP 550w.

bit Fenix formula gold 550w.

Most of those dont exist on my country , plus , I said that I «need» non modular because I dont care about looks I care about price/quality.

Gold or bronze ?

My country doesnt has anything from Be Quiet , about the non modular topic , I am under a budget and I need to cut some money off , considering my case has that «box» below to hide some cables and I dont care a lot about looks but performance  ,yeah non modular is the best.

What store will you be buying from and what would the budget be? That's probably the easiest  way to find a PSU.

You should see a modular PSU as 'nice to have', but it would not be wise to automatically dismiss any modular PSU.

2 minutes ago, yMaths said:

Whats the big difference between both of them , the gold and bronze , and which one should I pick.

Gold is more efficient that Bronze, but it's not an indication of quality.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Why non-modular?

I really dont care about looks I just want cheaper ones and good quality ones .

I dont care about cables

Just now, yMaths said:

Most of those dont exist on my country , plus , I said that I «need» non modular because I dont care about looks I care about price/quality.

Gold or bronze ?

Can you give us a budget and a link to a webstore?

Many PSU models are available in modular form only too, as many people desire them.

But we can't really tell you what to buy if we don't know the stock in your country.

Efficiency isn't an indicator.

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 4.0 | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3 | EVGA BR/BT? no. noooo. | buy (almost) anything except focus

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team Vulcan DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra | NZXT H510 | GIGABYTE G750H PSU | MasterLiquid ML240L

Intel Core™ i7-4720HQ (Bought from LMG, signed by Dennis | GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PV | 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1866 | Intel "UrFPSGon" HD 4600 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Spoiler

Elitebook: i7 5500U | 8GB DDR3L-1333 | 500GB SAMSUNG 860 Evo | AMD R7 M260 (I found this in a garbage bin at the airport)

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

Can you give us a budget and a link to a webstore?

Many PSU models are available in modular form only too, as many people desire them.

But we can't really tell you what to buy if we don't know the stock in your country.

Efficiency isn't an indicator.

pcdiga.com 

Under 70€.

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

What store will you be buying from and what would the budget be? That's probably the easiest  way to find a PSU.

You should see a modular PSU as 'nice to have', but it would not be wise to automatically dismiss any modular PSU.

Gold is more efficient that Bronze, but it's not an indication of quality.

pcdiga.com

Under 70€ ?

Whats de difference between gold and bronze then ?

4 minutes ago, yMaths said:

Whats de difference between gold and bronze then

It is how efficient the powersupply is. So gold will waste less electricity than bronze, but most people don't really care about using a little bit more power.

5 minutes ago, yMaths said:

pcdiga.com

Under 70€ ?

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-core-gc-500w-gold

If you, really, really don't have the money:

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-s12iii-series-550w-80plus-bronze - would not recommend unless absolutely needed

Everything else decent under 70 euro is out of stock.

Gold power supplies are more power saving, reducing heat waste when converting from AC to DC.

Helios EVO (Main):

Spoiler

10 hours ago, yMaths said:

Under 70€.

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-corsair-tx550m-semi-modular

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-core-gm-500w-semi-modular-80plus-gold

for a little over 70.

these are really good.

just means how much power the unit draws from the wall to supply the power. 

doesn't mean quality though.

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

2 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-core-gc-500w-gold

If you, really, really don't have the money:

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-s12iii-series-550w-80plus-bronze - would not recommend unless absolutely needed

Everything else decent under 70 euro is out of stock.

Gold power supplies are more power saving, reducing heat waste when converting from AC to DC.

I was going to buy this one https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-s12iii-series-650w-80plus-bronze

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-corsair-tx550m-semi-modular

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-core-gm-500w-semi-modular-80plus-gold

for a little over 70.

these are really good.

just means how much power the unit draws from the wall to supply the power. 

doesn't mean quality though.

I was going to buy this one https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-seasonic-s12iii-series-650w-80plus-bronze 

Is it good ?

Is it good ?

it's a very subpart unit that i would not use with this build.

Wārudobītā

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

it's a very subpart unit that i would not use with this build.

If I go for this one is 550W enough?

yep, more than enough.. though again, wouldn't go with an s12iii.

Wārudobītā

4 minutes ago, yMaths said:

Yes. The CORE GC at exactly 70 euro is also fine. 

Helios EVO (Main):

Spoiler