Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RAM and SSD prices soon to plummet due to oversuply

Nah, every company in the supply chain is going to take as much of the savings possible and blame it on corona-virus. Wouldn't be surprised if memory prices stayed exactly the same. Maybe even price increases. I'm hopeful for cheaper SSD prices, but the memory industry has a track record of price fixing and tricky business.

Just built a SFFPC, I'll stock up on some 1TB and 2TB M.2's for sure.

15 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Careful... you don't want QLC ones. Unless you find your SSD to be too reliable, long lasting and too fast for you.

I remember people saying that about TLC until recently and most consumer SSDs now I think are TLC. That said, yeah, I wouldn't use QLC yet for anything important. I should have bought the 2TB 660p I had my eye on when I had the chance before it doubled in price. For laptops that are moving away from 2.5" hard drives in favour of bigger batteries (and fair enough too), if I wanted to have a media collection always with me a QLC SSD would be perfect for that. Doesn't need to greatest speeds and for the most part it'll be a write once, read many kind of deal. I really should look into creating a NAS that I can access over internet, though but that's a lot more complicated than just sticking an M.2 in a slot.

I'm still on Samsung 850 Pro 2TB. The good old 3D MLC.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | ASUS Strix X570-E | G.Skill 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | PALIT RTX 3080 10GB GamingPro | Samsung 850 Pro 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB | Sound Blaster AE-9 MUSES

Hopefully hdd prices will be dirt cheap after this, then I can do a nice little raid configuration on my build

These potentially lower prices seem to be hitting for consumers around Black Friday.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Considering I've only ever been able to build for others, this is fantastic news. I hope it turns out out be true making a build for myself just that more feasible.

I kind of thought RAM prices had already plummeted. $60 for 16GB of DDR4 is so cheap. Pretty sure I spent $200+ at one point for 16GB of RAM a few years ago. Thought I was getting a deal at $140 for some other builds.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:15 AM, RejZoR said:

I'm still on Samsung 850 Pro 2TB. The good old 3D MLC.

I’m still waiting for a Sabrent rocket 2tb, as I’ll be needing something for my H1 build. It doesn’t have HDD bays.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 8/22/2020 at 8:30 AM, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

I’m still waiting for a Sabrent rocket 2tb, as I’ll be needing something for my H1 build. It doesn’t have HDD bays.

Hopefully you got a good deal on it.

CA:

image.png.1566fc1b72694c5e6936276db2daa8bd.png

US:

image.png.4c45b95d898be75a02cbf268eb515d9c.png

399.99USD = 529.99 CAD

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

Hopefully you got a good deal on it.

CA:

US:

399.99USD = 529.99 CAD

Not really. In Canada, its lowest price was $457.63 between Nov 26 to 30th 2019.

In US, It was $339.99, between Nov 16 to Dec 26th 2019, assuming the third party option had free shipping, like now.

Amazon US:

1483168280_Screenshot2020-08-24225544.thumb.png.1a065c934e4cba97beca19956d1d9688.png