DT 990 Pro vs DT 990 Premium headphones

VERWEST

Hey folks

I need a good advice.

I have to choice between Dt 990 Pro or the Edition. Not sure which to go for.
I gonna get a Azuentech soundcard to.

Seeing the forums seems like Dt990 Edition is better than Pro. But is it really "Better" ?

I don't wanna buy te Dt990 and get a feeling that I could get something Waaay better if I went for the Dt 990 Edition...

So people what's your choice?

Thanks 

The 600 ohm prrmy edition sounds more refined and is more comfortable than the 990 pro 250 ohm but I personally prefer the build and materials that the 990 pro uses. The 600 ohm premiums need a pretty hefty amp though.

14 minutes ago, rice guru said:

The 600 ohm prrmy edition sounds more refined and is more comfortable than the 990 pro 250 ohm but I personally prefer the build and materials that the 990 pro uses. The 600 ohm premiums need a pretty hefty amp though.

i am saying  which is  the difference between  DT 990 Pro  250 ohm     vs DT 990  250 ohm   Premium headphones?

the dt990 pro have better bass and better clear mids and sound from DT 990 Premium ?? 

do  ,you believe that the material  that  pro uses is better  from  the premum??

some people say that  the  dt990 pro   have better  bass  from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium   is is  true??

a lot of people prefer  the  dt990 pro from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium

whoah man chill. The 990 premiumsat least in regards to 600ohm models is like I said more refind. The treble is less peaky and more calm.the bass response on the 600 ohm is tighter and higher quality more detailed but also more balanced. The mids are about the same but is more prominent in the 600 ohm cause it's a slightly more neutral headphone. The 250 ohm pros have more bass more treble easier to drive slightly less detailed sound

If both are 250 ohm though pick the one that you think is more comfortable or looks better cause both will basically sound the same

The DT990 Pro 250 Ohm and DT990 Edition 250 Ohm will sound very similar, as they use exactly the same drivers.

The differences are:

Pro is meant for professional use, and thus is built more rugged. This means a coil cable instead of a straight one, a much heavier build and much more clamping pressure on your head, so they can't slip off in a studio environment. They also feature a semi-closed design, which will block out more sound from your environment than the DT990 Edition.

The Edition is meant for home use. They are built lighter, have less clamping force on your head and have a straight cable. (They are MUCH more comfortable.) Also they are open-backed, so you hear almost everything in your environment while wearing them.

As for the different Ohms: Basically get the highest possible with your AMP-solution. If your sound card can handle 600 Ohm headphones, get the 600.

The higher Ohm models have a greater sound resolution, but are harder to drive.

I've used both the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm and the DT990 Edition 600 Ohm and ended up with the DT990 Edition 600 Ohm because of the extra comfort. In terms of audio they sound very similar. I guess they sound (if any) slightly different because of the open or semi-open design depending on the model.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

25 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

The DT990 Pro 250 Ohm and DT990 Edition 250 Ohm will sound very similar, as they use exactly the same drivers.

The differences are:

Pro is meant for professional use, and thus is built more rugged. This means a coil cable instead of a straight one, a much heavier build and much more clamping pressure on your head, so they can't slip off in a studio environment. They also feature a semi-closed design, which will block out more sound from your environment than the DT990 Edition.

The Edition is meant for home use. They are built lighter, have less clamping force on your head and have a straight cable. (They are MUCH more comfortable.) Also they are open-backed, so you hear almost everything in your environment while wearing them.

As for the different Ohms: Basically get the highest possible with your AMP-solution. If your sound card can handle 600 Ohm headphones, get the 600.

The higher Ohm models have a greater sound resolution, but are harder to drive.

I've used both the DT990 Pro 250 Ohm and the DT990 Edition 600 Ohm and ended up with the DT990 Edition 600 Ohm because of the extra comfort. In terms of audio they sound very similar. I guess they sound (if any) slightly different because of the open or semi-open design depending on the model.

some people say that  the  dt990 pro  250 ohm    have better  bass , better  mids and  clear  sound   from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium   is is  true??

a lot of people prefer  the  dt990 pro 250 ohm    from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium is it true/?

7 minutes ago, VERWEST said:

some people say that  the  dt990 pro   have better  bass  from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium   is is  true??

a lot of people prefer  the  dt990 pro from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium

I guess you mean "DT 990 Edition", not "DT 990 Premium".

From my experience with both, none of them have particularly better bass or treble.

Imo the spiral cable from the DT990 Pro was a dealbreaker, as i felt the weight pulling down on the side where it is attached.

Again, choosing between these 2 headphones is not about audio, as they are very similar.I t's about your preferences with the physical product:

Heavy, closed and rugged -> Get the DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm

Light, comfortable and open -> Get the DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

I guess you mean "DT 990 Edition", not "DT 990 Premium".

From my experience with both, none of them have particularly better bass or treble.

Imo the spiral cable from the DT990 Pro was a dealbreaker, as i felt the weight pulling down on the side where it is attached.

Again, choosing between these 2 headphones is not about audio, as they are very similar.I t's about your preferences with the physical product:

Heavy, closed and rugged -> Get the DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm

Light, comfortable and open -> Get the DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm

i,am saying for  the  DT 990 Premium  ..

the  dt990 pro  250 ohm    have better  bass , better  mids and  clear  sound   from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium   is is  true??

The Pro 250Ohm is bassier??? than the Premium 250Ohm version.##

i have read  that The Pro 250Ohm    It's from the extra clamping force applied by the headband. It makes it squeeze your head more and in turn reduces the treble, raises mid-bass.  from premium>>??

i have  read  that the premium have less bass  from  Pro 250Ohm is it  true/??

4 minutes ago, VERWEST said:

i,am saying for  the  DT 990 Premium  ..

the  dt990 pro  250 ohm    have better  bass , better  mids and  clear  sound   from  DT 990  250 ohm   Premium   is is  true??

Oh, i didn't know there was a "Premium" at some point.

It looks exactly like the Edition, so everything i said still applies.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Oh, i didn't know there was a "Premium" at some point.

It looks exactly like the Edition, so everything i said still applies.

Just now, VERWEST said:

Pro:
- higher clamping force
- more bass
- coiled cord
- simple old style "retro" look
- available in 250 Ohm version only
- easily replaceable headband padding with snap buttons
- no carrying case
- cheaper

Premium:
- lighter clamping force
- less bass, brighter, more "airy" sound
- long (3m) straight cord
- available in 32, 250, and 600 Ohm versions (the 250 has the same drivers as the Pro)
- comes with a carrying case
- it is possible to order a customized "Manufaktur" version for 299 Euros